Be Patient

I wake up as my alarm on my phone blares at me, I woke up later than usual. I roll on my side to see Mark sound asleep, he looked so peaceful. I quietly get out of bed and get my clothes for work before taking a shower.

After getting dress I kiss Mark and Max goodbye as they still slept. I decided to just grab breakfast on the way to work since I didn't have time to cook. I walk outside to my car and realize it was raining. I drive to McDonald's and wait in line to get breakfast. Looking at the line I sigh in frustration, I should have just gone to work. After fifteen minutes I finally get my food and head to work.

I had to park my car a bit farther than my regular spot since I came later than usual. I walk towards the building at a fast pace due to the heavy rain. A car backs out of their space and speeds towards the exit. I look at the puddle next to me and my eyes widen as I realize what was going to happen. I cover my face and seconds later feel the water splash against me, fucking asshole. My shirt was soaking wet and I let out a string of cuss words before walking towards the front doors. There was no point in running, I was already drenched in water. I open the door and am greeted by the cold ac hitting my skin, I shivered as goosebumps erupted on my arms. 

"Doctor Green your new patient is waiting for you outside your office.... oh my." The receptionist looks up at me and gasps. "Do you need anything? I can get someone to get you some clothes."

"No that's okay, I'll change on my lunch break. Can you tell my patient that I'll be there soon, I need to clean up in the restroom. Thank you Rebecca." She nods her head and takes the elevator to my office with her keys. 

I enter the restroom and quickly turn on the heater. I tried my best to dry off my shirt but it was no use. I sighed as I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I was a mess. I looked unprofessional and I hope my new patient wouldn't judge. I wash my hands before heading up to my office and open my door to reveal my new patient, I stopped in my tracks for a moment. 

"Oh. Hey." He was leaned back on the couch and rubbed his chin. I offer an awkward smile and set my stuff down as I let out a big sigh. I felt him look at me, probably feeling sorry for how drenched I was "Rough day?" Felix asks as he start to take off his jacket. He walks towards me with a sheepish smile.

"What are you doing?" He gives me his jacket and I shake my head, politely refusing. 

"It's okay, take it Bri. You're freezing and I have another jacket in my car." I reluctantly take it and mumble a thank you. 

"I'll give it to you-"

"Don't worry about it." He smiles as he sits back down. I excuse myself as I go change in the restroom. I come back into the room to see him reading one of the books that were on the glass coffee table. I sit down at my desk and offer a smile, I didn't know if he thought this was weird but judging by the silence and thick atmosphere I figured it was.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea that you worked here. Let alone that you're a therapist."

"It's okay, it's no big deal. If you want I can recommend you to Doctor Garcia she's-" But Felix started shaking his head. He looked at me and sighed as he sat up on the sofa. 

"I mean if you're not comfortable with being my therapist then fine. But I kinda prefer that you are, it will make it easier for me to talk about my problems. As long as you don't judge me you know." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Felix I would never judge you." Felix smiled and I mirrored his actions before I continued. "But I shouldn't be your therapist. You're going to start working at The Center and it would be wrong. Plus I can't be a therapist to one of my friends so."