(2) LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER

ERIS WORE A BRACELET OF BEADS around her wrist.

Wakandan technology at its best, it was supposed to hold enough electricity for her to shock the life out of someone with a punch. An added plus, the nano-threads would call a blade to her hand with a flick of her wrist.

Useful since she was avoiding her own powers.

She shifted in position, gazing down at the street below. The four of them had split up on arrival, under the orders of Steve to surrounding the meeting area. According to T'Challa, the group of weapon sellers was supposed to be meeting here at sundown.

Chitauri technology.

She wondered how much it'd sell for.

Static rasped through the comm in her ear. Eris winced, still not used to the sounds the piece of plastic made. Steve's voice came filtering in a second later, making her wince again.

"Everyone in position?"

"We're good, Cap." Sam's voice sounded, followed by Nat's agreement. Eris only shifted and silence fell over comms. Then Steve's voice sounded again.

"Eris?"

"Seriously?"

Someone snorted.

It sounded suspiciously like Sam.

"Yes, seriously." Steve didn't sound nearly as amused. Eris clenched her jaw and rolled her eyes, even though he couldn't see it.

"I just perfect, Captain."

"Good."

"Great."

"Perfect."

Another snort. Swearing under her breath, Eris turned off her comms and fixed her gaze back on the street below. The daylight was dimming, making the shadows stretch out further.

If T'Challa was right, they should be arriving at any moment.

Her nerves itched for a fight.

She didn't see any sign of movement for a long moment. But suddenly, a faint rumbling filled the air and a truck came rolling into view, down the darkening street. It pulled to a stop and three men jumped out from the back, followed by two from the front.

She spotted another group moving from the other side of the street.

The buyers, from what it looked like.

Shifting again, Eris leaned forward She didn't even think to turn back on her comms, so focused on the street below. From her spot in an abandoned apartment above, she had a perfect view.

All the men below were armed. Weapons that glowed blue.

They held cases that glowed the same color.