INTRO

THERE WAS AN IDEA.

An idea of heroes, an idea of villains. Of those who fought for what was right and those who fought for what they wanted. Those who protected the weak and those who preyed on them.

There was an idea of heroes.

An idea of villains.

Of those saved and those stopped.

But things changed when the heroes became the villains. When brother turned on brother and those once considered the 'shields of humanity' were branded criminals and hunted down.

There was an idea.

One that didn't last as long as it should have.

The line between heroes and villains turned grey. And where an empire fell, enemies looked to gain control. Ones that might have once been heroes. Ones that used to be considered villains.

After the Avenger's Civil War, people looked for protection. From the heroes in the spotlight; the heroes that remained.

And from the ones in the shadows.

Because there were always those in the shadows.

Eris Schmidt saw the line between hero and villain turn grey. Born an asset and raised a weapon, she never knew anything beyond compliance. Beyond orders and commands.

Until she met the Avengers, that is.

But Eris Schmidt died at the hand of her sister and the woman that exists now is nothing more than a blank mind. One that only remembers the past; HYDRA, the Red Skull, the darkness.

Because Eris Schmidt is dead.

And only Pandora's Box remains.