First Gig: Part 2

You ran down the street, away from your house and the villain that used to be your mom.

You run into someone and fall face first on the concrete and someone falls on top of you, pinning you to the ground and knocking the air out of you.

The person gets off of you and you sit up, coughing.

"Oh my god, Jackal. I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." You hear a familiar voice say. You look at the source of the voice to see Lila. You stand up and look at your hands and knees. Your hands were bleeding a little, but it wasnt anything too major.

"Is there another villain?" She asks. You nod, trying not to say anything. "And Ladybug and Cat Noir arent here yet?" You nod once again. "Predictable. They're useless anyway. I know someone else who is too. Y/n. She's really useless. She's trying to take my boyfriend, Luka Couffaine, from me."

At this point, you have to force yourself not to jump on her and beat her up. The inside of your cheek was bleeding from biting on it out of anger.

"Maybe its only you who sees her as useless." A new voice says. Your anger disappears and you look towards the new voice to see Luka. You smile. "And as for your 'boyfriend'...I wouldn't date you to save my life." He says, walking towards you two. You smile.

"Um...Luka...you may want to be a little nice. We dont need two villains running around." You say. He smiled at you and leads you away from Lila, who had her fists clenched from anger.

"I had to defend you, y/n." He says when you're out of earshot of everyone.

"I know you did." You say, ignoring the taste of blood in your mouth.

"You said we had a new villain. Who is it?" He asks.

"My mother. She was akumatized. My guess is shes tired of all the lies I was telling her." You say, looking down.

"What kind of lies?" He asks.

"Um...not doing my homework...and the most recent one...when I got home, she asked if we had fallen asleep together again and I lied and said we didnt..." You say.

He was quiet. He looked around. "Where's Ladybug and Cat Noir?"

"Um...they dont know about the villain yet..." You say.

"They don't?" He asks. You shake your head.

"We have to find them." He says.

"No. I have to find them. Its my fault. You stay here. I dont want you to get hurt." You say. He starts to say something, but you cut him off then swing away.

Immediatly, you find the villain. You land in front of her.

"Mrs. L/n! You have to stop!" You say.

"I am not her anymore! I am Vérité!" She says, readying another silver ball for you. You jump back as it goes towards you. You look behind you to find Luka there. The silver ball got closer to him. You jump towards him to push him out of the way, but you dont make it in time. The silver ball enters his head just as you land on top of him on the pavement. After a few seconds, the silver ball comes out and goes back to Vérité, but no truth comes out.

"Interesting. This boy has never lied." She smirks and turns the ball into a silver band and threw it at Luka, who was still in shock. You get off of him and pull him up, running away from the villain. He shook his head and ran with you, but the silver band caught up and latched itself to his ankle. He stumbled.

"Jackal, go. Find Ladybug. Please." He says, his aqua eyes slowly turning silver as the band took him over.

"Luka, no. Stay with me." You say. He shakes his head and pushes you away. He looks down. When he looks back up at you, his eyes were completely silver. Terrified, you turn and run away.