#31 The Phone Call

Chapter 31
THE PHONE CALL

******Ronan's POV*******

He just sat there and looked at me for a long time. I wondered what Tommy was thinking about.

He seemed to be looking at nothing when suddenly he blinked, something he hadn't done in minutes, and spoke up. "I think you should call him Ronan."

My jaw dropped at his words. He thinks I should what?!

"Yeah, I think it's a good idea. I remember seeing him when he came on our territory last. Ronan, he's ginormous and very powerful. The fact that you're his mate, and absent from his presence must be driving both him and his wolf wild. Not to mention the whole issue with Alpha Patrick, you need to call him Ronan, now." Tommy said seriously.

I laid back on my bed in defeat. Had he not heard a word I had just said? "Tommy I rejected him. It's too late to call him, besides I doubt he cares anyway."

Tommy shook his head, "No, I bet he cares. Also, once you tell him another wolf has basically claimed you, that's gonna infuriate his wolf to the max. You're the one who rejected him, not the other way around, he still wants you, I'm sure of it."

"Oh and how are you so sure of it Tommy?" I retorted.

"Easy. If it were me, I'd do anything to fight for my mate's love, especially if it meant winning her back from another," he told me.

"Geez Toms, that sentiment almost made you sound mature," I laughed.

He grinned cheekily, "See I told you, I've changed for the better. I'm becoming a man Ronan."

I sat back up and looked him over with an unimpressed smirk. "Pssh, yeah right. I wouldn't go that far. I'm willing to bet you still get voice cracks."

He crossed his arms over his chest defiantly and looked away from me, "Do not, besides I'm growing hair like everywhere Ronan, check this!"

He jumped off the bed, stood up in front of me, and began to pull down his shorts.

I covered my eyes in horror, "Oh good lord! Tommy quit it!"

He just laughed and came back to sit with me on the bed.

"On a more serious note, I wasn't kidding when I said to call him Ronan." He said.

I groaned, "Tommy I can't call him, I just can't. You don't understand, believe me."

He stood up to leave, "Can't or won't?" With that said, he walked out the door.

I woke up the sound of shrill laughter and way too much sunlight for a morning person to handle.

I sat up groggily and remembered what Tommy had said to me last night.

'I agree with Tommy, I want to call our mate,' my wolf moped in my head.

'No, I- we can't. Enough drama has occurred and I'm sick of it quite frankly. Besides, I'm done being immature about this, it's time for me to grow up and face the consequences.' I told her firmly.

'Damn right. So grow some lady balls and call him,' she growled.

Frustrated I cut off our connection. She had a point, heck she was right, but I'm still 16, and scared and lonely and hurt about all of this. Why couldn't I have just had a regular civilized mate with no drama and no fighting and no hard decisions. It's all so stressful.

Hauling myself out of bed I went to my bathroom, and began to strip down so I could shower. After spending more than way too long in there, I hopped out and dried myself then threw on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a big black sweatshirt, courtesy of my high school, and brushed my teeth. Once I finished with all my other essentials, I left my room and began the short trudge to the kitchen where the obnoxious voices I'd heard from earlier could be heard louder the closer I came to the downstairs.