#17 Stress

Chapter 17
STRESS

Prince Blake's freaking mate was a dude!!!

OH MY LAWD.

'Well I'm glad he found his mate, now he'll keep his paws off us.' My wolf told me.

'What are you even talking about?'

'At the hotel remember..when he basically kidnapped us?!' She reminded me.

'Oh yeah...'

She cut the connection off, frustrated with me.

Whatever.

I looked over to Vlad on the couch and he looked really tense. Not his wolf is out tense, but super stressed out tense.

I thought about what I should say to him. Ever since I woke up he seemed to be talking to me more. Maybe he's finally accepting me after almost losing me. That'd be nice.

But I doubt it.

I wonder if he'll get upset if I try to comfort him or something.

I moved over on the couch a little bit, so I was close enough to reach my arm out to him. I pulled my hand up and poked him lightly on his shoulder.

"Uh, Vlad?" I asked cautiously.

"What?" He replied sounding tired and annoyed.

"Is everything okay?"

"No." He abruptly got off the couch and walked to who knows where.

Alright. Thanks for nothing butt wipe. Ugh! Just when I think we're getting somewhere.

I laid back into the couch and let out an exasperated sigh.

Someone cleared their throat, making me snap my head up into the direction of the sound.

I found it was that new man. Who is he? More importantly why is he here, alone, with me. You'd think my mate wouldn't let strange men near me, especially alone with me. Hmmm...

"Who are you?" I asked, the question coming out a little ruder than I wanted it to.

The man smiled widely at me and said, "My name Niko Kiyha. I am Alpha Kristoff's new Beta."

Wait. What?! New Beta? I thought Igor was the Beta, what happened to him? Oh gosh, what's going on around here?

'I don't know but our mate needs to stop keeping us in the dark.' My wolf growled.

This time I agreed with her.

"Uhm, Niko, right? Would you mind explaining to me how you became Beta?" I asked him, hoping for some answers.

"Of course. The alpha recruited me from the Yellow Sword pack in Japan. I was the Beta there, however when the alpha called and asked offered me such an elite position I couldn't refuse. Who would, it's the Warrior pack?!"

I looked the man up and down he looked to be about in his early to mid thirties, I'd say around 34. He was definitely Asian and stood at a height of probably 6'2. He was tall and lean, yet he still had a considerable amount of muscle on him. Then again though, he is a beta. He had dark hair, it looked almost dark blue, not quite black. It was cropped short in a military type of buzz. He had on navy dress pants, with a matching navy blazer, with a baby blue button up dress shirt underneath. He had a chunky and expensive looking Rolex on his wrist and on his finger a wedding band. He must be mated.

"I noticed your ring, do you have a mate?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yes, I do. Her name is Suki, and we've been mated for 8 years now." He told me beaming proudly.