Chapter 15: Kohaku

Start from the beginning

'And get back to the cave! Before Taiju, Yuzuriha, Athena, Lalaine and Ana who saw how to make gunpowder.

At the thought of her, he was reminded of the covered wound on his torso.

'Especially Ana, who knows how to make it! I need to take control of the miracle water!'

He swiftly cut down a tree.

The blonde's eyes widened.

Ana tensed up as the two of them saw a huge tree fall down unexpectedly.

She was the first to act as she slip her hand to grab Senku's own, pulling an forcing him to run the same pace as hers. 

"HEY, WAIT! AT LEAST RUN AT MY SPEED!!"

Senku swore it was all just Ana who was running and he was being dragged on the air.

They sprinted toward where the source of the fall, seeing someone underneath the fallen tree. 

Ana walked closer to her as she let Senku catch his breath behind her.

The unknown girl recognized the two of them.

"You!" The girl groaned in pain, "You're the gentleman sorcerer that protected that woman. You survived...!!" She then turned to Ana, "You're that sorcerer woman too!"

Ana knelt down beside her. There was a strange look in her eyes as the black-haired girl stared down at the blonde. 

She put her hands underneath the tree to measure how much it weigh, attempting to lift it. When it move a little, she stopped. 

"If we try to lift it, there's a chance she'll get crushed underneath the shear weight of this heavy tree."

Senku  knelt down on the other side as he looked at Ana. He ignored what the mysterious girl said earlier. 

"You're right." He turned to address the girl, "Don't waste your breath saying pointless things now... We'll listen to your introductions all you want later."

Senku observed carefully as he saw the many emotions swirling in her amber eyes. He had no idea the reason why Ana seemed to be mildly shaken at the sight of the girl.

'It can't be only because this girl is under a tree that.' Senku thought, 'Ana literally faced down against Tsukasa, so what was it that made her look like that to...'

Senku took another look at the new stranger, 'This girl... From an objective point of view, she does look nice in the eyes. Was that why Ana looked at her like that?'

Senku abruptly cut off his train of thoughts. He ignored whatever it was that was whispering to him from the back of his mind.

"For now, please preserve your strength, miss." Ana said as she smiled down at her, "Can you hold out till tonight? If you're already t your limit, we'll go all in with the little gunpowder we have left and try risking it to blow this off of you. But if you can hold out, then it'll take enough time to make you wanna die, but we'll be able to save you 10 billion percent!! I would've been able to check your health myself, but you're currently under this big tree."