Part 15- You both look nice for once!

Start from the beginning

"Promise me one thing?" He whispered shyly. I nodded my head, signalling him to continue. "No matter what happens this time, you'll stay. You won't run away and I won't lose you..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you'll stay no matter what and won't lose contact with any of us ever again. That way I won't have to go through the pain of losing you, then the months of getting over it just to crash back down the square one when you come back. I don't want to hurt anymore over you, Vanessa." He frowned.

"I promise." I smiled, understanding exactly where he was coming from. "And I want you to promise that you won't forget about me and we'll always be friends." He sniggered, pulling his head away from mine. "How can I forget about someone with curly hair like this?" I laughed running my hand through fluffly curls. "And I'm sure we'll be friends Jay." He smiled and nodded his head, his mouth falling into his normal lopsided smile and I finally felt as though we were both moving on.

"Maybe even best friends, ay?" "Maybe." I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck to give him a hug. "Thank you, thank you so much for making me see sense." He whispered, rubbing the small of my back slowly. "I'm a girl, I'm perfectly intact with my emotions and understand how other people feel." I joked, pushing him away and he laughed, his infectious laugh.

"Come on, your flat mates are worried about you." I smiled pulling open the door. "And if you don't eat soon you'll be a stick!" The light from the hallway filled Jay's room and he laughed, jumping over his bed, he moved something underneath it and pulled out a box full of crips and crappy food.

"I was prepared." He winked, pushing it back under.

Max was pacing back and forth in the living room, when he caught my eye, I smiled broadly and his lips curved up into a grin. Jogging down the corridor towards me as Jay moved back around his bed, dodging the crap on his floor. Seeing Jay moving Max ran into his room and pulled him into a hug.

"Don't fucking scare us like that again Bird!" Max snapped as he pulled away.

"Thank you." Jay smiled over Max's head.

I nodded my head, feeling happy that everything was working out. Max spun around and gave me a weak smile, miming thank you with his lips before turning back to talk to Jay. I felt as if it was my queue to leave and left the room and went straight down the corridor towards the living room to where Emma was still sitting.

"I'm sorry Nessa." She whispered standing up immediately. "It's fine Em!" I grinned and she ran over, pulling me into a huge hug. "Do you want to do something tomorrow?" Emma pulled away and looked at me in shock.

"Tomorrow's your last day here Nessa, you're not going to see Nathan for ages after!"

"I'll see him tonight and tomorrow night and then we go Friday morning." I shrugged. "He'll understand!"

"Are you sure?" Emma smiled warily. I nodded my head and she wrapped her arms back around my neck. "I'll come for you in the morning." She grinned pulling away. "You're not coming back tonight?" I asked, confused. "Urm, Max has made plans..." She cooed and I grinned widely.

"Not too much drink alright?" She nodded her head and returned to sitting down, calling goodbye to Jay and Max, I left the flat and snook across the hallway back to Nathan's.

Pushing the door open, feeling extremely happy, I came into the living room to see Nathan sprawled out across the sofa, his eyes closed and his breathing shallow as he slept. Smiling to myself, I grabbed a blanket off the back of the chair and placed it on him carefully. But something grabbed me by my waist. And before I could react I felt myself being pulled towards Nathan and soon I was lying with him on the sofa beneath the blanket.