The Plunge: Pt. 2

Gripping onto his sleeve, Clementine ran into the nearest room, closing it and locking it behind them.

"What the fu—" Gabe started, instantly cut off when Clementine glared at him, silencing him immediately. Clem leaned against the door, pressing up the side of her face against it, trying to detect any sounds, other than the gunshots that were still being fired in the distance. 

Clementine turned around, her eyes immediately widening in shock. She had immediately realized the room they were in. 

The room where Arvo was in.

But instead of the chair having Arvo trapped inside, he was no longer there.

Clementine's heart dropped to the floor as she realized the situation that they were in. Arvo was gone, probably had escaped out the window, guns were going off from outside that couldn't be their guns, and worst of all,

AJ was still outside.

In one swift motion, Clementine turned around and swung the door open, racing out in the hallway. Her breathing quickened with each step she made as she felt her heart pounding against her chest to the point she thought it was about to stop. She already felt tears well up in her eyes as she just imagined seeing their boy she was supposed to take care of with her life, the boy she loved with all her heart as he did with her, the boy who so many people died for, would be sprawled out on the floor, blood oozing out of his wounds as he weakly cried for help.

A sob escaped Clementine's lips as tears ran down her face. She already felt her legs start to give out. Regardless, she kept running. She couldn't accept seeing her brother, her son like that. She wouldn't accept it for anything. Even if it meant sacrificing herself.

Suddenly, something grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. She screamed, trying with all her strength to free her wrist from the surprisingly strong grip.

"Clem! Look at me!" A familiar voice spoke, halting her sobs. She slowly turned around, seeing the face she dreaded to see. Louis.

More tears welled up before she started pulling her wrist again. His grip got tighter, eventually moving his arms to her waist, trying to pull her back.

"Clementine, stop!"

"Let go of me! AJ is out there, I need to go get him!"

"AJ is with me, just please come with me!"

Clementine stopped, slowing turning to face him. "H-he's with you?"

Louis nodded before looking around. "We need to go."

Louis walked Clementine to his room, still holding her hand. 

***

Louis opened the door, revealing nothing. Clementine walked inside, looking around but found nothing in sight. She turned around, glaring at Louis with darkened eyes. She stomped up to him, grabbing his collar and slamming him against the wall. He winced at the imapact between his head and the wall, surprised the amount of strength Clem had gained within 2 seconds.

"You fucking bastard! You said he was here! Where is AJ!?" Clementine yelled in his face. Louis' widened as he opened his mouth, but only silence came out. Clem brought up her fist, ready to punch him, until she heard a quiet sob from the corner of the room.

She turned around, seeing a small figure with their head between their knees. She immediately recognized the figure, even from behind. "AJ?"

The figure turned around, revealing AJ with a tear-stained face. His eyes widened as he instantly stood up, running towards Clem to hug her waist. He sobbed into her legs, Clementine feeling her pants getting damp.