Chapter 34: New Memories

"Eleanor."

"Didn't think you'd have the guts to show your faces again." Eleanor sneered, shooting Clementine several glare daggers towards her. She looked the same, aside from her now, short, shaggy hair and a scar on her face.

Clem widened her eyes in surprise from her comment. She had forgotten that Eleanor hated them now because of Tripp's death. "Come on, Eleanor." Clem began, crossing her arms. "That was such a long time ago, you have to let it go."

"Let it go?!" Eleanor raised her voice. "If Javi hadn't acted like an idiot, Tripp would still be alive!"

"If you hadn't told Joan our plan, then yeah, maybe he would be alive!" Clem yelled. She wasn't the kind of person to say something like that to a person, especially because of what happened with Sophie. But now, she had no mercy and had said it without any hesitation.

Eleanor was taken aback by her sudden outburst. Tears welled up in her eyes as looked down. "I know." She whispered. Clementine's gaze softened as she stepped closer. "Over the years... I realized it was my fault. I just... didn't want to follow the way everyone else did."

"Eleanor--"

"No, it's my fault." She interrupted. "God, I'm such an idiot."

She sat down in a chair while Clem sat in the one next to her. Clem placed a hand on her shoulder.

"He was my first... my first..." She struggled. "Did I love him?"

"He loved you."

Tears started trickling down Eleanor's face as she tried to wipe them away.

"Listen." Clem started, making Eleanor turn her head. "No matter what happened, you survived. I know it sounds selfish, but that's how it is nowadays. When someone dies, you have to move on. Don't blame yourself. For example, before, I used to always blame myself for the death of Lee, the man who took care of me when I was younger. I realized that I needed to keep going. He would want me to."

Eleanor wiped her tears away, flashing a small smile. "Never thought I'd say this in a million years, but you're right." She looked back down, closing her eyes and sighing. "I just... wish I could make things different. I feel bad for blaming Javi for what I did. But I can't talk to him. I just... can't."

"Eleanor, in order to make things different, you have to talk to Javier. Nothing will change if you keep this to yourself."

Eleanor stayed silent for a second before briefly nodding. Clem took note of this and stood up, walking to the door.

"When you're ready, tell me." She said before stepping out.

*

"Y'know, this place doesn't feel right." Louis mumbled, loud enough for Clementine to hear.

"Why not?" She inquired, mentally agreeing with him.

"Doesn't feel like home. All of our memories were at the school. Now we're just in a random place that we don't know anything about."

"...Well, what would make it better? It's not like we're leaving anytime soon, so..."

Louis smiled. "A piano. Just like ours back at the school."

Clem's heart started beating faster as he said 'ours'. She laughed and shook her head. "Louis, I am 94% sure that they don't have a piano. But maybe they have another instrument somewhere?"

"Maybe."

*

"Of course we don't!" Jesus laughed. Clementine and Louis' faces dropped as they heard the news. "The only instrument we have is my old guitar. But I am definitely not putting my baby at risk."