"Show me where they are," Freida bows and leads the way to our car.

"Make a call for that new restaurant in town. I want to have lunch with my fiancée this afternoon. Asked them to close for the entire afternoon. We'll pay for their loses. Also, make sure that I don't have anything on my schedule for tonight because I need to be with my future wife to plan our wedding," I watched as Freida taking notes in her phone.

"Is that all?" I think for a moment before confirming our schedule again.

"Tell me, what is Frederick up to now?" At first, Freida was surprised when I asked her that. But when I show her the text I receive from Dolores last night, she sighs.

"It seems like my brother is planning something together with the leader of the youth group. They mentioned something about a factory where they force unwilling people working to their bones. There is also a place somewhere in the Resistance vicinity which uses as a place for slavery auction. That's part of how they make money to fund themselves," that piqued my interest.

"They kidnapped young teens and sale them off to the highest bidder. Some will be auction off in the black market either for organs or human trafficking. The leader mentioned that its popular among elites within the resistance to find sex slaves. Knowing my brother, he won't keep his voice to himself. He will find a way to help everyone who needs help," I pinched the bridge of my nose.

Sometimes I wonder if that man never thinks of his own safety.

"You mean to say he's risking his own life to deal with perhaps a group of mobsters who runs the group? I want to see them immediately together with this youth leader. What were they thinking trying to do things without my acknowledgement?!" Freida shrugged her shoulders.

"Fredrick never thinks about himself because he is consumed by his own righteousness. He was raised to think about others since he was chosen to be your advisor. Now that he has his own duchy to think about, he's unstoppable," did I make the wrong choices?

Should I just keep him close to me? I really don't want to lose my best friend. Not again.

***

"As much as I want to be the judgement of your action, Duke Charles, I simply can't because your princess asked that I rethink of my decision to send you to the gallows," his eyes widen when he looks up to me from his jail cell.

"The gallows?! You can't be serious! Just for stating the fact?!" How dare he mock me!

"Stating the fact you say? Your action would've to cause duchess Kathryn's reputation as the future empress! You made the throne as your enemy but luckily your princess is a good friend of mine. You should be thankful!" The duke scoffed.

Doesn't he have any idea how deep in trouble he is now?

"I don't need to thank anyone especially that useless princess who only cares about her friends that her own country! I was never worried when I say the things I said. I have full support from Gralia's council members. They have no desire for that wench to be the next empress!" It was then he realised he said too much.

I raised a hand for the guards inside his jail cell when they were about to hit the duke on the head. They were having trouble lowering their baton. I always wonder how the guards seem to react when they talk bad about Kathryn.

"I am interested to know more, duke Charles. What do you mean when you said you have the support from all the council members? Are you telling me that they're plotting something?" The duke decided to keep his words to himself.

"Better speak up now before it gets worse for you, your grace. The clock is ticking and if you decided to keep it to yourself, I'm afraid we won't hesitate to ignore the princess's request," Freida wasn't playing.