Chapter 15: Fool's Gold

"This feels unnecessary," I said to Parker.

He gave a frustrated sigh. "If you'd hold still, this wouldn't take so long and it wouldn't feel so unnecessary," he replied.

Parker held up the phone and angled his hand so that mine was twisted just so. Then he snapped the twentieth picture. I pulled my hand from his and flexed my fingers. His grip was way too tight.

"I think I got it," Parker announced as he swiped through the pictures.

I leaned back on the couch and sighed. "Thank God."

Emilio got up from the ground and stretched. "You two would make the worst the couple," he said to us.

"Bullshit. I'd make a good couple with anyone. I'm an amazing boyfriend," Parker replied without looking up.

I scoffed. "According to whom? Abi? Your ex- girlfriend that you broke up with without warning by telling her you'd found someone else?"

Parker raised his eyes just long enough to shoot me a glare. "Anyone would agree that I let Abi down easy."

I pursed my lips to keep from saying something that would most definitely start a fight.

"Okay, can we get to work? I have to be home before eight," Emilio replied.

I nodded. "Yeah, Parker. Stop wasting time."

Parker ignored me and continued to tap the screen of his phone. A few moments later, he sat up.

"Posted. Everyone on snapchat is going to know something's up."

Emilio smiled and plopped himself onto the couch between us and held up our textbook. "Great. Now, History."

We worked for about two hours. Half way through, Parker demanded we Uber eats some food. He decided on Chad Thai and also took it upon himself to order our food.

"You'll love it," he insisted.

The food arrived and I hadn't realized that Parker had ordered the entire menu. There were seven boxes filled with food. I was immediately drawn to the crispy wontons and veggie spring rolls. But, nothing compared to the Khao pad prik pao. I had to remind myself that it wasn't logical for me to eat all this food only to feel sick later on, so I paced myself. The guys didn't share the same issue and scarfed down the food like it was running away. Twenty minutes later, the food was all gone and the three of sat around, rubbing our round bellies.

"I think I gained thirty pounds," I groaned.

"Bro, I unbuttoned my pants a while ago," Emilio chuckled.

"You two are pussies," Parker added. "That was nothing."

I rolled my eyes and then proceeded to get up like a struggling pregnant woman. When I finally made it onto my feet, Parker's phone buzzed. He unlocked it and then bolted upright.

"Shit, it's Liz," he hissed.

"What did she say?" Emilio asked.

Parker cleared his throat dramatically. "She says, and I quote "You piece of shit! I know who that is! Delete that snap or I'll come over there and break both your legs, you low life piece of garbage. You don't deserve to breathe."

I tried to mask my shock. Liz was...direct in her approach, I'd give her that.

"Jesus, she needs to chill," Emilio replied.

"Hold on, she's typing," Parker said.

We waited until Parker's phone buzzed. His smirk fell.

"What?" Emilio asked.