Prologue: The storm

The wind rocked the building's dangerously, threatening to drag them to the ground, taking whoever was sheltered there with them. The rain tore at the ground, leaving wounds in the landscape, spattering it with blood like puddles. The hermits had taken to hiding, most stranded in dangerous positions, hoping they can last still the storm dies out.
Many were caught up in the heightest of swaying buildings and aircrafts alike, but any stupid enough to take flight would be caught up in the relentless storm, leaving them broken and bruised, most likely at the bottom of a ravine.
The Nether also wasn't shelter as the winds stole away the magic of the land, shutting down all form of travel to the under world. For some fortunate few, they had an advantage of underground networks and safe bunkers, weather prepared for similar situations or just built on a whim.

Grian wasn't one of these lucky hermits, despairingly caught in his airship, the huge vessel barley staying together. He clung onto the desk, furthest from the entrance, barely able to stand without slipping and falling. The contents of the vessel had long since spilled over the small hull, the occasional debri flying out one of the many broken windows, narrowly missing the red claded hermit. Trying to distract himself from the horrid situation he was in, he turned his attention to his communication device.
His friends were unaware of his situation, all trying to understand where the sudden storm came from. A few, including Iskall and Ren had been injured by flying debri, causing both to be stranded in the vault at Sahara, Mumbo, Doc and Scar also in the large shop.
Xisuma had been trying his hardest to keep everyone calm, occasionally sending comforting messages to those who were panicking, praying that this storm will pass as quickly as it came.
Xisuma Held onto his own communicator tightly, his knuckles white with worry,
Quickly typing in the chat he asked for information on everybody's whereabouts, trying to keep them close.

Grian watched as his friends typed in their answers, all seemingly safe, a few were caught up in high buildings but had been progressing their way down the floors on foot. Sighing Grian shakily started typing keeping one hand firmly placed on the desk he sent his reply,
"I seem to have gotten myself in a pickle... well.. more of a blimp really..."
He had hoped that adding in a small joke or something would reassure his friends he was fine, but that's not how the hermits worked. They were a family and cared for each other deeply.
Iskall had filled the chat with messages asking if he was okay, Mumbo had done similar but in one chunk of writing,
Smiling nervously he began typing, about to reassure them when he stopped. A single message capturing his attention and holding him in place.

[Herobrine has joined the game]

From where he hid in the Run mini game, Keralis had a perfect view of the lighting strike. It latched onto the airship, letting out a huge crackling sound as the vessel went up in flame. Smoke filled the sky as the Airship quickly lost altitude. It was too far away to know for sure, but Keralis swore he could hear a cry of terror as the ship hit the ground, flaming pieces of metal and chunks of dirt sprayed out upon impact. Keralis had sent the message before he was even aware he was typing, shock quickly setting in as the flames swallowed the once graceful build.

"G-guys... the ship just exploded..."