The Wastelands

Everything went well at the Pride Lands during Mufasa's reign but now the Pride Lands have become a drought-stricken wasteland under Scar's reign. It haven't been raining for nearly years and the population of the Pride Lands decreased due Scar's and the Mightyena's overhunting. Mufasa's pride was still there, especially Sarabi, Sarafina and the fully evolved Nala.

Compare to her Litleo form, Nala's Shiny Pyroar form has blue eyes with eyelashes, reddish pink mane and she still has a heart shaped tail tuft

Compare to her Litleo form, Nala's Shiny Pyroar form has blue eyes with eyelashes, reddish pink mane and she still has a heart shaped tail tuft. Nala looked around as everything was destroyed. Everything was gray and all plants and trees were dying. No food and no water. She felt like this is no longer her home.

"Nala. Come. Sit with us." called Sarabi and she joined in. Then, Zazu arrived.

"Zazu, where have you been?" asked Nala.

"I'm sorry, Nala." replied Zazu, "I came as soon as I could."

"The morning report, Zazu." said Sarabi.

"Your Majesty, the Pride Lands are in imminent danger." Zazu reported, "The Mightyena are chasing off the last of the herds."

Then, Kamari and Azizi spotted Zazu talking to Sarabi.

"Trumbeak's back! Get him!"

"I'll be back." whispered Zazu and he flew away before the Mightyena catch him.

"Don't come here again, unless you want to be eaten!" called Kamari.

"We have to do something, Sarabi." said Nala "We have to fight!"

"Nala. Scar is the king." said Sarafina.

"But Mom, Sarabi's our queen!" said Nala, "Sarabi, we should leave before it's too late!"

"We must all stay together and protect the Pride Lands." said Sarabi.

"Also, this is our home. We must never abandon it." added Sarafina.

"This isn't the home I remember."

"Our time will come, Nala. Be patient." said Sarabi.

Scar returned with the other Mightyena from hunting.

"I'll go and talk to him." said Nala.

"Nala, don't." warned Sarabi, "Stay here and if you wanna say something to him, I know what you're gonna say and I'll talk to him."

Sarabi ascent calmly, stepped towards the den and inside was full of bones and carcasses. Scar was eating a flesh of meat as Sarabi came in.

"What is it?" asked Scar.

"You're overhunting, Scar." replied Sarabi.

"I've simply perfected the kill." said Scar, "With the help of my army."

"You're killing everything." said Sarabi.

"Don't you see? There is nobody to challenge me." said Scar, "I can finally take whatever I want. How about...that you will be my queen, isn't that the good idea? You'll take your place by my side and we will feast together."

"I will never be your queen!" replied Sarabi.

"If you say so. As king, some pride members and some of my kind have respect on me." said Scar, "They're loyal to me. And of course, from now on, we will eat after the Mightyena. And they don't leave much behind."

Scar let the Mightyena eat the remaining meat until few bones were left. That evening, everyone was asleep but Shenzi, Kamari, Azizi and the rest of the Mightyena guarded the Pride Rock. Nala couldn't sleep that night, thinking the solution to end Scar's tyranny. She have to escape the Pride Rock to find help.

Before she left, she came to a small den where there were pawprints printed on mud on a wall. It was there since she and Simba were Litleo and the pawprints symbolized as part of their friendship. One tear came from Nala's eyes as she reached up her paw on a pawprint, remembering the time when she was with Simba.

Then, she have to find the way out and she's aware of the presence of the Mightyena guarding the area.

"Just what do you think you are doing, young lady?" asked Zazu who spotted Nala sneaking to escape.

"Go away, Zazu. I'm going to find help." replied Nala.

"I will very much not go away." said Zazu, "I am sworn to protect you and must order you back to bed."

"I have to go, Zazu." said Nala, "To find a solution to end this."

Nala sneaked and hid from approaching Mightyena. But then, she accidentally stepped on a stick, causing it to snap. Shenzi heard the snap and went to check out the area where Nala was present with a snarling face. Shenzi also sensed the presence of a living Pokémon. Shenzi stepped closer to where Nala was hiding until...

"Uh, hey there, Shenzi, everyone! Uh, wonderful to see you, guys. Uh, have you heard about my cousin's leader who had a Rowlet that mistakenly born in their nest?"

Lucky for Nala, Zazu created a diversion to allow Nala to go. Shenzi and the rest of the Mightyena chased after Zazu as he led them away from Nala. Nala finally made her way to find help. Sarabi and Sarafina saw her leaving the Pride Rock.

"Be safe, Nala."