NINE

I've been doing a lot of things today, I barely had time to sit in my office. The Fundraiser Auction is in two days, and it has to be perfect. I walked straight to Harry's office to submit some files.

I knocked the door. "Come in...oh it's you Gwen that's great. I was just about to send Sarah to your office." He said as soon as I walked into his office.

"Is there something you want me to do sir?" I asked.

"Yes, I have a meeting with two of our sponsors for the Auction coming up and there's a time clash. I want you to represent me in one of the meetings." He said while checking out the files I dropped on his desk.

"Sir..uhm..I" I was interrupted by him. Its not like I had something to say, am a bit tongue-tied.

"The meeting is in an hour, Sarah will send the details to you. You may leave now."

******

After the meeting I worked on a few more things at the office. Its been hard to work all by myself without Jace since he hasn't been around for almost a week now. He travelled to visit his sick grandmother.

My phone has been on silent mode since the meeting, while working on my laptop his name popped on my phone screen. Since it was close my my laptop I was able to notice the incoming call.

"Speak of the devil" I muttered with a smile before I picked up my phone to receive the call.

"Hey there, how are you?" He said.

"I'm great, How about you?...I was just thinking about you, today has been really stressful I did alot of work and am not done yet. There no one to help me, How's your grandma?"

"Don't worry I'll be back by noon tomorrow, my grandma is feeling better now...She..." I interrupted him as soon as Harry walked into my office.

"I'll call you back." I said before ending the call.

He was about to say something when his phone started buzzing.

"Aunt Jacqueline, it's so nice to hear from you."

"Yes...huh!...No I didn't call him, infact I have not spoken to him in three days." I could see the fear in his eyes, I stood up from my seat and walked towards him.

"When did he leave?" Darcy suddenly walks into my office.

"Hi Gwen, I..." she was interrupted by Harry.

"Darcy, my father...."

"Harry, I don't have much time we'll talk later. I was already close to your office when I received a call from my colleague, there has been a plane crash With the flight coming from London to New York. It was supposed to arrive an hour ago, I really need to go now we'll reschedule our meeting." She said before she ran out of my office.

Harry immediately made a call " Aunt, What time did he leave?....So he is supposed to arrive here when?...huh!" Harry dropped his phone to the ground in shock.

"Sir, what's wrong?...sir?.." He rushed out of my office I tried to run after him. "Mr Brownstone, is something wrong?....

Finally, i'm done with my work for the day. I'm the only person in the building aside from the security....I think.

Since Harry left I've not heard from him. I don't even know if he came back to work or not. I just hope everything is alright, i'm really worried,it seems like something terrible has happened. I don't know if Sarah is still in the building, I really need to submit some files to Harry.

I picked up my phone and dialled her number.
"Hi?...Sarah are you still in the building?"

"No, but I just left about thirty-minutes ago. Harry is at his office, you want to submit some files right?" She asked.

"Yes, I'll just go to him instead. I wasn't aware that he is back in his office....Thanks."

I knocked his door several times but he didn't respond "Maybe he already left." I muttered

I was about to turn around and walk towards the elevator when I heard a noise from his office. It sounded like something crashed down.

I was scared, I thought it was a thief but when I slightly opened the door I saw Harry laying on the floor. "Harry?"

I walked towards him. "Are you alright?" He slurred.
Then I realized that he was drunk. My gaze went to the top of his desk, two empty bottles of vodka was laying there.

I tried to lift Harry up, but it's very difficult to do so because of his weight. I was about to Stand up wen I hit his desk, one of the vodka bottles rolled down to the ground and it broke.

He pulled me towards him,my face was a few inches away from his. "Harry?" He slurred again, I pulled him up so he was now sitting on the floor.

"Pls get up." I said to him while I helped him to get on his feet, he vomited and emptied the contents of his stomach on the floor but mostly on my precious feet .....it's so disgusting.
He was about to fall when he pulled me for support but I fell right on top of him.

With my face a few inches away from his, He raised his head and brought his face closer to mine, his lips was dangerously so close to mine,it was like he was about to kiss me.

The door suddenly opened, I shifted my gaze to the door and my eyes widen in shock.

"Lynn?" I heard him say.

"Ed??"