EIGHT

When I opened my eyes I was shocked to see who was sitting close to me.
"You're awake"..he called for the doctor immediately.

"Harry??.. you're here" my eyes widen

The doctor walked into my ward with a nurse "How are you feeling now Gwen?"

"It hurts like hell." I tried to sit up a little bit, I felt a sharp pain.

"You're lucky, you lost quite alot of blood and I must say you've got great veins miss." The doctor said.

"It really hurts,I need a drug for the pain, and what's with the IV?"

"Ohh the IV, you have nothing to worry about you where given an infusion on your way here while in the ambulance and its still in your hand because you'll be infused soon. You lost alot of blood, your sister is currently in the lab waiting for the results of the test of her blood sample."

"You'll be anesthetized In the next two hours, you were given a pain relief injection half and hour ago." He added

"Alright, When can I go home sir?"

"Maybe tomorrow night." He said

My eyes widen "Tomorrow night?? Its just a little cut..." I was interrupted by harry

"How serious is the cut?" Harry asked.

"It was a deep cut although not very deep, but there was no arterial damage. You lost quite alot of blood but you'll be fine." The doctor reassured before he left.

I really don't want to stay here, I wonder how steph is doing she has gone through a lot. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard Harry's voice.

"I have to leave, sarah just sent me a text I have a meeting soon. Please tell Darcy I..."

"Where is Darcy?" I asked before he completed his statement

"She left with an officer she said she'll be back soon, its been two hours already and...."

"Two hours??? How long have you been here?" I ask

"Almost three hours" he said.

My eyes widen in shock..."huh?"

"You left in a hurry and Darcy went after you. I tried calling but you both were not picking my calls. Later on when I called she told me she was here, I came immediately."

"Take care of yourself Gwen I have to go now." He said then he left in a hurry.

"I'm glad you've decided to stay with us Darcy." I said to her.

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday, I begged her to come home with me but she decided to go back to the hotel she was lodged in. I was surprised to see her with her luggage when she came here this morning. I'm so happy she has decided to live with us through out her stay in New York.

"I missed you a lot Gwen." She said

"Awwww darcy boo bear, well I didn't miss you at all."I said before I burst into laughter

Her eyes widen at my statement then she throws some popcorn at me before rolling her eyes.

"How's the case you're working on?" I asked.

"I don't know Gwen, its a bit strange."

"Strange??...How?."

"Well, it seems the person who poisoned Harry's father had no intention of killing him." She said

"What do you mean?...but he was poisoned."

"Yeah I know that, but the killer knew the effect of the poison will begin to surface a few hours after it has been consumed and he still chose to use it." She said

"You've got a point there." I say in return

"What if it was only a distraction?" Steph said.

"I thought you where asleep why are you here?" Darcy asked

"I woke up, I can't sleep." She said

"Come and join me." I gestured for her to come and sit close to me. She layed on the couch and placed her head on my legs.

"What do you mean by distraction?" Darcy asks

"Uhm..well, maybe Harry's father was poisoned so he could get hospitalized in order for the person to carry out a plan." Steph replied.

"You have a point, and the person knew at that point during the party everyone would be focused on Harry's father when he collapsed." Darcy said.

"So who could it be then?" I asked.

"I don't think we should focus on finding out who it was now, first we need to figure out what the distraction was for." Darcy points out.

"Thats true, you have a point." I yawn after my statement. "I need to sleep, I'll be at work tomorrow...I can't wait to be free from the project am working on. I hope everything turns out fine ,I've worked so hard on the Fundraiser Auction coming up."

"Alright go to sleep, I'll be here I still need to work on some things.....so when is the Fundraiser Auction?" Darcy asks

"Its in three days." I woke steph up, she had fallen asleep while we were talking. After Steph got into her room I walked towards mine.

I can't still believe all that has happened from the incident of Mr Brownstone to Josh. I thought he was finally out of Steph's life when he was put behind bars, but he still escaped from jail and showed up here. I'm glad he is gone forever.