SEVEN

I was standing behind the lady sitting in his office " I'm sorry sir, I really need to leave now."

"Sarah allowed you in?" He asked in a angry tone

"No sir, I forced my way in....am really sorry sir I didn't mean to interrupt your meeting, but I really need to leave."

"Why?" He asked.

"My sister needs me." Then I turned around and walked towards the door, I was about to exit his office when I heard a voice....a female voice

"Gwen??." I turned around to look at the lady in his office.

"Darcy??"

My jaw drops when I see darcy."Darcy!" I cry out as a huge smile appears on her face . We hug each other. "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in a long time. How are you?" I ask her numerous questions and she laughs.

"Its so good to see you Gwen." She said before Harry asked. "You two know each other??...Wow."

"Yes sir, she's my distant Cousin." I replied with a smile. "So Darcy What are you doing here?"

"I'm Harry's New private detective, so am here to see him, How are you doing? How's Steph?" She asks then I remembered I have to go home.

"Uhm, I...I have to leave now, I really have to go home. My sister needs..." I was interrupted by a call, its from Steph.

"I'll be home soon."

"Gwen!" She screams then the call went off.

"Oh my God, Steph..Steph???" I rushed out of Harry's office.

****
I got home and I saw that the door of my apartment was slightly open.

I walked into the living room. "Steph??..Steph??"
"Steph?...where are you?"

I felt my stomach drop...."steph?"..Still no response I run my hand through my hair as I look around.

I walk towards her bedroom, my pulse races and my palms begin to sweat..."Steph?....steph?"

I hear a faint response coming from her room "i'm..here" she says.
I quickly run to meet her, she was curled up on the floor.

"Hello Gwen" says a distraught voice. Steph's eyes widen then I looked behind me.

"Josh?" My mouth slightly falls open then I stood up.

He points his gun at me. I couldn't feel a bone in my body I stood there frozen "what are you doing here? What do you want?" I asked

"She left me, and she had the guts to send me to jail. I loved you but you left me" He points the gun at steph.

"Calm down, josh let's talk about this...don't do something stupid." I said as I slowly walked towards him.

"There is nothing to talk about, I'll pull the trigger if you take one step closer." I stopped walking towards him "Don't do this josh?" I look at Stephanie, she was crying profusely.

He approached Steph, he kissed her cheek before placing the gun against her jaw.

"Please.....don't" I said helplessly as tears rolled down my eyes. I looked at steph,I watched as she took an empty wine bottle close to her. She swings it and hit his head, he fell to the ground and cry out in pain.

She took the gun from him and kicked it towards me, I was about to pick up the gun when I felt a knife slice through my upper arm. "Son of a bitch!"

He picked up the gun but steph hits his back with a vase, she struggled to take the gun from him he pulls her hair and hits her hard, she cry out in pain. He took the gun and point it at her.

"No!" I scream. I heard the sound of the gun, I cover my mouth in shock....

I cover my mouth in shock to my surprise steph got up and came to me. "oh my God! You're okay."

My eyes widen when I looked at the person by the door who was lowering her gun as she walks in.

"Darcy?" That was the last thing I said before everywhere became pitch black.

°°°°°
My arm is aching so bad, I opened my eyes slowly then I realized I was in an ambulance. A female paramedic was sitting close to my feet. Darcy was sitting beside me, she placed her hand on my head.

"Gwen everything will be alright, we'll be at the hospital soon." Her words began to fade, till I could hear nothing else...