SIX

"Where were you yesterday?" Steph asked.

"I was at work." I said as I went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

"On Sunday???...really?"  She asked.
        "Yes, Jace and I went to the office to work with the Events planning department in order to conclude the budget for the fundraiser Auction coming up."

" Why didn't you tell me Gwen?...You told me you were going to visit Mr Brownstone at the hospital...so you lied?"

" I didn't Lie steph, I went to the hospital with Jace  then I got a call from the Events planning department concerning the budget so we had to  go there......where were you last night?..I asked.

"I was somewhere...a place" She said with a smirk

"A place uhn?......Hmm we'll talk about that place later....I gotta go to work now"

"Now?, But its so early...i'm sure no one would be there now."

"I know......But i'm sure Harry would be there, I want to talk to him." I said as I walked out of the house.
"Bye!"

********

     I've been in my office for 10minutes contemplating whether or not to go to Harry's office. I know he is around because I saw his car in the parking lot. I finally got out of my office and walked towards the elevator.
When I got to the top floor I got out and walked straight to his office. I was about to knock the door when  I realized that it wasn't closed completely. I tried to look inside without getting caught and saw Harry talking to a man. I was about to turn around and go back to my office but a part of me wants to listen to their  conversation.

"Nice to see you Doctor, but if I may ask why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital?....is something wrong with my dad??" Harry asked in a worried tone.

"I'm not on duty today....it's my day off and I was around here so I decided to come here and discuss something with you.....it's about your dad."

"What's wrong with my dad?....is he going to be fine?"

"Yes, He is stable now. The poison nearly damaged his heart, when the paramedics brought him to the hospital two nights ago it looked like he was suffering from an heart attack. He was stabilized and we monitored him, but yesterday he was having a seizure then we  did our best to contain it and we ran some tests and discovered he was poisoned. Although we are still unable to pin point the exact poison used yet because the symptoms are linked to three-four different types of poison but we are still running more tests. The reason why I came here is to tell you that according to the tests it seems your father was poisoned on Saturday just a few hours before he collapsed.

Harry looked shocked. "But who would poison my father?...I don't understand."

"Harry your father needs to get out of here, he'll be discharged soon so I'd suggest he leaves New York besides he planned to travel isn't it?"

"Yes doctor, he wants to relocate to the U.K....He is supposed to travel today but unfortunately he is currently hospitalized."

"Harry I don't think your father should know that he was poisoned because his heart may not be able to take it, it might lead to a real heart attack...So if you want to investigate the situation I'd advice you hire a private detective because if the police is involved the press would know about it and your father would come to know."

"That's true doctor, the press always ruin things." Harry said
"I'd take my leave now, please take care of you father Harry."

"Thanks Doc, I really appreciate your coming here." I quickly hide as the doctor walked out of the office with harry.

After the doctor left I heard a voice " How long have you been standing there?." I looked at harry and I couldn't say a word.

"Have you been there the whole time??"...I couldn't breathe, I blinked continuously.

"Gwen!." He raised his voice.

Great the one time he gets my name right he had to raise his voice..." Sir, uhm well...I wanted to have a word with you but you where busy.."

"And you couldn't leave when you saw I was busy???"

"Sir...i" I was interrupted by his next question.

"How long have you been standing here Gwen?" He asked.

"Uhm...well..I..I've been here the whole time.

"What do you mean by the whole time??.....you were eavesdropping the whole time?"

"I'm really sorry sir"

"It's alright come in....sit down" He said...."How is the project?"

"It's perfectly fine sir, We are almost done with the preparations?" I replied.

"Alright then, So why are you here?"

"Well, I just wanted to ask about your dad's health sir."

"You already know the answer since you listened to my conversation with the doctor. Gwen,I really appreciate your concern but it's none of your business, He is my father and not yours. You may leave my office now please." He said.

I hate his attitude "why is he so rude?" I rolled my eyes as I left his office.

°°°°°°°°
"I got you a lunch pack." He said with a smile.

"You're the best Jace, Jelly doughnuts and strawberry smoothie....i'm in love with the food."

"You're crazy Gwen...for a second I thought you wanted to say you're in love with me."

"Well....I.." I got interrupted by a call, its from Steph.

"Gwen, its .....josh...he..he." she stuttered.

"He what?...Talk to me Steph?"

"He escaped."

"From Jail...but How?......Calm down Steph I'll be home soon." I quickly packed my things and arranged my desk.

"Gwen, is everything alright??" Jace asked

"Yes, I just have to leave now.....my sister needs me." I was about to walk out of the office when I heard his voice.

"I can drop you off, if you'd like that." He said.

"Thanks Jace but there's no need for that......just handle things here.. okay.."

"Sarah, I really need to see him now.....I need to leave."

"Mr Harry is busy right now, you can't see him.... just wait for an hour or.." I interrupted her

"I don't have an hour!" With that I walked into his office.