FIVE

The party has been going on well. Mostly the staffs are here and a few business associates. I was having a conversation with Jace and Mr Brownstone's Secretary Sarah when I heard Harry's voice.

"My father would like to say a few words before he leaves, It's getting late and he wants to leave soon. I hope you all enjoyed the party."

Mr Brownstone walks to the stage and stay close to his son.
"At first I didn't really like the idea of this send-off party, it makes me feel like an old man retiring from work. I'm not retiring, I'll venture into something soon enough. I promised my son that when he turns twenty-five I'll hand over the business to him, although he had to work somewhere else in order to be familiar with the company setting. He is here now to take over Brownstone Empire. All of Brownstone's Employees most continue to take their work seriously. You know how disciplined I am, that's exactly how my son Harry is, he is very much like his father." He smiled as he looks at his son.

"I'll implore that you all keep working hard, I'll still monitor the business from a distance. It would be bad for me to hear that one of my workers has been fired. If you want to keep your Job don't .....joke....with." He said while coughing hard.

Harry yelled to one of the waiters "Get me water!" He was holding his dad.

"I'm alright" Mr Brownstone said as he continued his speech.

"Like I said earlier if you want to keep your Job, don't joke with...." He collapsed before he could finish his sentence.

Harry carried his dad with the help of some workers into one of the guest rooms where the event was held.

*******

The paramedics arrived soon after and Mr Brownstone was taken to the hospital.

"Jace please can you drive me to the hospital."

"Gwen, you can go tomorrow. Am sure he'll be fine, and besides Harry might not want you there."

"But we are his workers, we should be there for him, I'll be on my way to the hospital if you don't want to take me there." I said as I pick up my phone to dial a number.

"What are you doing?" He asked
"I'm calling a cab." I turned around and was about to leave when someone pulled me back.

"Alright, I'll take you." He said and I smiled. "But not tonight, we'll go tomorrow."

"Sarah is at the hospital, wouldn't it be bad if we don't join her."

"Gwen, she's his P.A she's meant to be there.....Just calm down and go home, I promise you we'll go to the hospital tomorrow.. okay?"

"Alright then" I replied

°·°·°·°

"Thanks for the ride Jace, good night"
"I'll see you tomorrow" he said as he left.

I got in and met Steph watching a movie in the living room.

"Hey sister, how was the party?" She asked.

"It was going well until Mr Brownstone collapsed" I sighed.

"What? He collapsed???

******

I'm not happy about what happened to Mr Brownstone. I know he has been kinda strict and all but I care about his health. I'm glad I went to see him at the hospital this morning even though I couldn't actually see him for some medical reasons. Now that I am at the office I just can't help but wonder how he is doing, I really hope he gets better.

"Thinking about something?" Jace asks

"Uhm...No..Yes you know the project and other stuffs" I replied

He stares at me with disbelief "Really?"

"Alright, i'm just worried about Mr Brownstone and..." i'm interrupted by Sarah

"Hey, Gwen Mr Harry wants you in his office now."

°°°°°°°

"How's the project?" He asked.

"I'm working with the Events planning department....I know the fundraiser Auction is really important to the company so I'm putting in my best to make sure everything's perfect." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Well, good to know you're taking it serious....I went through the budget for the Auction today, Its been approved so it's left to you now." He said.

"Alright....Sir, can I leave now?"

"Did I ask you to leave...uhm trisha or?? Whatever...please sit" He said.

He's so rude,I sat down. "I'm Gwendolyn..." I said with anger.

"Miss Gwendolyn there's a business meeting with..." He was interrupted by a call.

"Yes, Doctor."

"What are the results?"

"What?!"...."For real?"

"Poisoned??...How?...Alright I'll be there soon doctor" He said as he drops his phone on the desk...."Gwen uhm...the meeting...I'll discuss the details with you when I get back from the hospital."

I was really worried now, I know something is wrong Harry's face says it all. "Sir??...what's wrong?..It's about your father right??

"Well, yes that was the doctor....my dad is in critical condition, Turns out he was poisoned." He said as he rushed out of his office and slammed the door.

I was shocked "poisoned?" I said to myself as I stood up

"Who was poisoned? I heard Jace's voice and turned around

" Mr Brownstone...He was...Harry just got a call from the hospital." I replied as I walked towards him

"Oh my God!...I was talking to Sarah in her office when I saw Harry walk out of here, I didn't see you come out that's why I came to check on you."

"I'm really worried I hope He's fine." I said as we left his office.