29

The next day, once they got to Britain, they all realized the boat back to America that Tina was taking left only three hours after they arrived in Britain. So, the three decided to make the most of that time and go out to lunch together.

The entire day, Tina felt like there was something a little different about the atmosphere around Newt and _______. Neither one could stop smiling, ______ was being openly affectionate to him, and they were laughing at even the simplest things. Tina suspected that something happened while she was asleep. Once they sat down for lunch, she decided to get to the bottom of what exactly was going on. She stared at the couple sitting across from her, stirring around the ice in her water with a straw. "So, are you two going to let me in on why you're both so chipper this morning, or do I want to know?"

Newt's face flushed at the thought of what Tina was suggesting, but ______ ignored the dirty implication and pulled the golden ring Newt had given her that night and showed it to Tina. "You can go ahead and tell MACUSA not to bother filing a report with the Ministry. Newt and I are going to be married."

Tina's jaw dropped, looking at the ring. It was simple, but then again, she can't imagine much planning went into this. "You two got engaged on the boat? Where was I when this happened?" Tina asked, her tone happy as she smiled at ______.

"Sleeping," Newt told her. "______ was nervous about the situation, and I knew this was the easiest way to get MACUSA to leave us alone. ______ gets citizenship, and MACUSA can't obliviate her if we're married. It's out of their hands."

"You don't think you guys are moving a little fast?"

______ shook her head. "I've spent too long and wasted too much time on a man I didn't love. He's out of my life once and for all, and in the process, I met Newt and fell for him. I know what love is when I see Newt's face, because the only thing I can think about when I look in his eyes is how I want to spend the rest of my days in his arms. If you knew you found the one, Tina, would you hesitate to be theirs forever?"

Tina smiled. "When you put it like that... no, I wouldn't." She handed the ring back to ______, who slipped it onto her finger.

"You'll be invited to the wedding, of course. Along with Queenie, and anyone else who'd like to come," Newt told her, taking ______'s hand in his. "I owe you, Tina. You gave me the extra push I needed to tell ______ how I feel, and if it weren't for you, I don't know what would've happened back there with Draculous."

"______ did most of the work in terms of taking him down. You got very lucky, ______. I've heard most women in that situation don't ever make it out, but you did it. You beat the odds."

"That wasn't luck," ______ told her. "I was fighting for my life, and I had Newt fighting with me. Luck had nothing to do with it, I had to fight and run and stand up for myself before I was finally free. I owe my freedom to the two of you, thank you. For never giving up on me, for taking me in when I lost my memory, for everything."

"Of course," Tina took _____'s free hand and gave it a squeeze. "You deserve to be happy, ______." Tina let go, looking at her watch. "Boarding is about to start; we should head back to the docks."

"Right," Newt said, putting enough money on the table to cover them and heading out. They walked back towards the docks; Newt's hand intertwined with ______. Telling Tina about their decision to get married had worried him at first, but he was reassured when she took it so well. Hearing ______ talk about how she was excited to get married made him undeniably happy as well. He wanted to spend every moment with her.

Once Tina got her bags checked, she stopped and faced the couple before heading onto the boat. "You two look out for yourselves and promise me you'll write. I expect full details about the wedding and invitations, too. Don't you dare forget."

"How could we forget to tell you? You'll be the first one to know everything thanks to the notebook," Newt told her. "Have a safe trip back, Tina, and stay out of trouble."

"Trouble has a way of finding me," Tina joked. "I can't make any promises. I'll see you two again soon, and I'll tell Queenie about the wedding. I can tell you right away she's going to want to sew the dresses for the bridesmaids."

______ laughed, remembering the dresses and mannequins she spotted around their apartment. "She'll have to measure you for a special dress, Tina, considering you'll be my maid of honor."

Tina gasped, raising her hands to her mouth. "Do you really mean that?"

"There's no one else I'd want."

Tina leaned over, hugging _______. "I'm going to miss you, ______. I know that you and Newt are going to have an amazing life here in Britain."

After saying a few more quick goodbyes, Tina got on the boat. Newt and ______ stood by the dock, waving to her as the boat started to disappear into the distance. Tina waved back to them, watching them shrink as the boat got further and further away. By the time they were out of her vision, they're figures became one as Newt leaned over and kissed _______.

They're going to be so happy together, Tina thought, wiping away a happy tear from her face. Queenie is going to freak out when I tell her about their engagement.