Chapter Seven

The Gem of Nefarious

Seven

142 B.C

Greece

Rullus

As I walk into the tree line, I turn around, continuing to walk backwards, so I may watch Alexander and Bethany. I have not said much to Bethany, unless it was necessary, and Alexander has been unusually quiet. At least, he has been quiet when I am around. I am not sure if it is because he is wanting to have privacy with his sister, or if I have upset him in some way, but I do know that he has been trying to hide his excitement over returning home.

Perhaps that is why he has not held a true conversation with me these last few days. He need not be worried of offending me with his joy. If I were normal, I too would most likely be happy about our return. As it is, I am fearful of how this will play out for me. If no one desires for me to be here, I will leave without question. I would like to make amends with everyone, but it is possible that I am alone in that sentiment.

Truthfully, I only wish to prove myself to Bethany. It is her I wronged the most. Of course Mother and Giles were mistreated by me as we, and I do intend to correct my actions against them, but it may not be so easy.

I am not sure if Mother still lives in her grand home, nor if Giles is still there, and I fear simply turning up by myself. When Alexander started sending letters to Bethany, he gave her express permission to tell their mother certain things, but he never gave her verification to tell my mother.

Mother has always known who my father was, therefor knowing what I am, but I realize now that all her rules when I was younger had been to try and keep that side of me dormant. I am sure she knows what I did to Bethany so long ago by this point, and I have no way of knowing how she received the news.