Nine

Rose

Today was the day we try on our cap and gowns. I was super excited to be one of the only junior graduating this year. The other one was Dillon Chaplin. But anyways Being that I took all senior classes this year I could graduate early.

I'm sad that I'll be leaving all my junior friends like Katie and a few others . "Hey Rose can you hand me that 4?" Mara asked. I grabbed it then pass it to her.

"Here girl I wear this size too" I chuckled and she laughed. "It's hard to find this size because our class was kind of on the big side" I playfully push her arm laughing. "Oh god girl stop being mean" I was still laughing.

Mara was another senior that was in most of my classes. She was cool people but you would never see her with out her cousin Eve. Eve was super friendly but mean when it comes down to Mara.

"I'm serious but why you're by yourself over here?" She asked and I gave her a closed mouth smile. "Umm will my friends are juniors and I'm the only one graduating this year" I shrugged.

"Didn't you and that Harlem boy started dating? The one that's used to be with your brother" I rolled my eyes. "We broke up so he good" she nodded her head understanding before walking away.

"Bye girl see you later" I waved back and grabbed my stuff before paying for it then walking out to lunch. As I got there I put my cap and gown up in my locker then looked for Katie. "I'm sad your leaving me , I have no friends here but you and Hazel been acting like a bitch towards me since we met" I giggled at her whine.

"How about this since you're going to miss me oh so much you should come with me to Jamaica after graduation ?" Her eyes grew big.

"You're Serious?" I nodded my head yes. "My father is from Jamaica and that's where my grandmother live , I'm going to see her" I smiled thinking of her. Every since my father moved out to the states when he was 19 he barley see his mother.

He used to take us once a year but that stop once I started high school. So I'm going to see her because I missed her. "Will then I'll be glad to come with you then I just have to ask my father" I didn't say anything we just walking into the outside cafe before taking a seat at my usual table.

Christian sat down in front of me before passing me a ceaser salad . "Thanks Pooh" I smiled moving it closer opening it up. She was a senior also. I let her sit at our table like a year ago last school term because her other friends didn't like her hanging with me. They was only mad because I didn't want to hang out with them because they only liked my brother.

"Sup y'all, hi bae " Dillon said sitting by Katie. Her face turn red and she looking away then said "hi Dillon" I smiled before opening up my plastic fork and dig into my salad.

I thought it was cute how Katie got a crush on him. He likes her to but things shee to good for me and his mother want him to date inside our face. She have hopes and dreams on me and him but nope.

Dillon and I've been cool since elementary school. I stayed on his case I'm the reason why he's graduating early like me. He was there for me when my old boy Bestfriend died.

"How was the Cap and gown fitting for you guys?" Christian asked. I looked up from my salad then at her then Dillon. "It was great I have my things in my locker and ready to go-" I was interrupted by someone bumping into me.

I turn around to see Hazel and her loud new friend NeNe. I chuckled to myself before standing up . I looked her up and down before smiling at her. "So this is what we on Hazel?" I asked and she looked shocked .

She knows I hate being the center of attention or conflict. But she also knows I can hold my own because my brother taught me how to fight like him. "Whatever Rose it was just an accident no need to get hype bitch" I felt that bitch word.