Four

Rose B.

"Ms.Rose can I get a ice pop" I turn around to see one of the little girls. I gave her a smile and grab three. "Which color sweetheart blue, red or purple?" I asked leaning down.

"Umm blue" I hand her the blue one and she run off. I looked around for Hazel before leaving around my station. Yes I'm still continuing my fathers community day because why not. Just because my parents couldn't be here didn't mean I had to let these people down.

Walking towards Hazel I can see that she's was staring at someone. When I got to her I looked to see who it was and it was a caucasian girl at a table in the corner by herself. "Who's that?" I asked.

"That's the new girl Katliynn, she just moved down here like yesterday "

"Let's go talk to her she looks lonely " I said making a sad face.

"Hell no Rose no new fucking friends" Hazel rolled her eyes. "Come on Hazel" I said giving her my puppy dog eyes. She sigh "Fine" I smiled as I dragged her across the field. When we got to her I sat down in front of her.

She looked over at me with a blank facial expression. "Um hi I'm Rose, what's yours ?" I asked nicely even tho I sense a bad vibe. "Katliynn and nice to meet you" she finally smiled and I smiled back.

"Why are you by yourself there's a lot of people and games here girl" I chuckled loooked into her eyes. She looked away then back at me. "I guess the people just didn't want to talk to me that's all I came here to make a friend since I just moved here but everybody acting rude " she said pushing her hair out her face.

I felt bad the people around this neighborhood are not really friendly to outsiders. But I think it was because of the way she dressed. She wore an all white dress and a white hat to match. I low key didn't want come over to her in the beginning. "I wonder why" Hazel mumble and kick her.

"We'll I'll be your friend Katliynn but this is my Bestfriend Hazel" Hazel smack her teeth. "Hi hazel " hazel being petty she waved at her then turn the other way. "I'm sorry she's not really into having new friends" I sigh at her actions.

"It's fine, I'll be just like that with my Bestfriend if she wanted a new friend too but thank you anyway " Katliynn smiled shaking her head. I was about to say something tell I heard one of the staff call me. "Sorry to cut this short but I have to get going take down my number" I said. She pulled out her phone and I put it in as Rose🌹.

I walked off with hazel back over to my station while Hazel went over to someone and I saw Melissa looking upset. She was an older lady that knew my mother. Melissa made sure to show up to our invent every month. Making my way over to her I see her looking at a group of boys. "Rose my dear I understand that's your friend but must he bring his thug rats with him" she said and I looked closer to the group.

It was Jh'Mare and his friends. I laughed then out my hand on her shoulder. "Ms.Melissa there here to help plus Jh'Mare is like a big brother to me" I shrugged. She rolled her eyes "mhnmmm" she said going back to do what she was doing.

"When is the trail for Seven?" I tense up to that question. Trail was tomorrow and I was nervous. Not because I was scared it was because of my over thinking. What if they don't believe me? What if no matter what I say they'll still will look pass it? "It's tomorrow actually" I said then grab my clipboard.

I felt her eyes on me so I rolled mine. "What Ms.Melissa?" I asked with out looking up. "Tomorrow? Are you ready for that? " she asked and I gave her a look. "I just mean it's going to be a lot on you and I know how it could be" I was interested in her conversation now.

"How So?"

"I was in the same position you're in now with my sister at your age" I raised my eye brow. "Yup, three officers gun down my sister one night after leaving the hospital to go get her son from my mother house... they were looking for a female then saw her and since it was in the ghetto they took her out when she got out the car" she sigh going into a daze.