Three

Harlem

"None of his boys been doing crazy shit lately I wonder why" my father said as we rode from the trap. "Me and Jh'Mare don't have beef anymore we coming together for my girl and help her get justice for seven" I said looking out the window.

"Huh? Who said beef was over? And why would your girl care for him?" He asked focused on the road. "Because Seven is her brother " I shrugged.

"Rosa your girl ? Good one she's a good girl" he said and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah and I'm going to her house by the way so you can just drop me off" I said and he nodded. "I still don't trust that Jh'Mare kid, he could be a snake just like his father you see the crazy look in their eyes" he chuckled but I know he was serious.

"Why did you and his dad had beef in the first place, you guys and Seven's dad was so close when we were young?" I asked looking at him. He sigh and look around "all over a girl actually .. Rose " he chuckled "we had a little bet going on " he said and now I was completely interested.

"What?"

"Not like that son, it was just to see who son she would go after... her mother was the brains behind everything we did so when they had rose i knew she would be like her mother so I made a bet that she would go with you.... he was down for it but over the years I had forgot about it til one day he said that I was cheating because you came over to Seven house all the time... at first I was confused but he mentioned about it " he added.

"Why was it so important for one of us to get with Rose?"

"Rose skip an whole grade son she's smart , having her on your team would do you great just like her mother did for her father.... but be careful that brain can mess with yours .. only if you knew what Novalie had plan next" he said stopping in front of Rose house.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing son go have fun with your girl" he said and I got out. I walked towards Rosa door and knocked . As usual Tom open the door all big and shit. He had on an all black tank top with black sweats and all black Jordan's. "Boy" he said letting me in.

"Sup Tom ,how are you buddy?" I said sarcastically walking pass him to Rose room. I heard him mumble something so I just laughed . Knocking on rose door and opening it I saw that she was on her laptop and writing things down in her notebook. "What you doing baby?" I asked laying down by her. She looked up at me and push her hair back some.

"We got the Afro back yes sir " I said and she blushed. "I took it out for the funeral you didn't notice plus I had to take that weave out it was starting to itch but I'm doing research on those cops" she then looked back at her laptop.

I looked around her room in thought, trying to ignore her question. How could her parents the loving couple I know just leave their 17 year old daughter home by herself with a nigga she don't even know. It's like after seven died they changed completely. Their not the people I grew up to know and I wonder why.

"Did you know the same officer that was with the one that killed seven is was the one that killed Jh'Mare dad" she asked me . I rubbed my chin then think "Fields did sound familiar " I agreed.

"It's kind of fishy don't you think?" I asked looking at her. She nodded her head focus on the screen. After about 20 minutes she put everything up and gave me all her attention.

"What you do today Lem?"

"Did business things with the old man as usual you know" I shrugged and she mugged me.

"Why don't you just tell your father you don't want that type of lifestyle Lem instead of faking it?" She asked straddling my lap. I took a deep breath and didn't say anything.