Six

Officer Fields

"Katie honey you've been hanging a lot with this girl, who is she?" I asked curious getting my things ready for work.  I've noticed she's coming home late , every night because after school she goes over to this friends house.

The girl must be a good kids because she grades have been higher then before she cane over here with me. Her mother send her over to me because she was doing bad in school and wanted her to straighten up.

So she thinks having her with her police officer dad was the best thing. What they didn't know was that I'm a crooked cop. I work under the table for the top trap lords in the area.

I just recently took a job for one of them that I worked with back in the day. Because of my parents mistake and bad timing we took down the wrong kid.

"Her names Rose dad" I snap my head back at her. "As in Rose Brooks?" I grew nervous. She nodded her head "Yeah dad you know her?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Umm yeah her brother is the case I'm on" she looked at me angry. "Dad!! What? You're joking right?" She asked getting up from her spot. I sigh looking away knowing how she was about to react.

I didn't like when my own daughter gave me the disappointment look parents gave their kids. It made me second guest everything I do. "No I'm not honey but I'm good I just was there the day of the crime" I tried to explain.

"So you was there with Uncle Sims and didn't at least try to stop him"

"I told him to drop with weapon , I didn't know he was going to shot the kids I promise" I lied.

She eyed me before grabbing her car keys and walking out the house. "SHIT!!" I yelled out in frustration. Looking around the living room I grab my keys locking up the house.

Taking only about 10 minutes I arrive to my job parking in the back. Walking inside I was greeted by a few people.

"Fields!"

"Hello officer"

"Hi Mr.Fields"

I nodded my head then went into my office and took a seat. Logging into my computer and did some research on the Brooks female. I wanted to know why my old business partner came back around. The wrong kid was token down but how did a good kid like that hang around such a dangerous kid.

"Mother Lisa Stevens!!" I read out loud. That name sound familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Father Alexander Brooks, ha" I continued reading then it click. He was my old partner close friend. There were practically brothers I remember always seeing him.

"Interesting " I said shaking my head.

Jhmare

"Fuck that , I'll kill this nigga" my homeboy Durk said. I wasn't really paying attention to him because he was fussing about some nigga who owe his ass some money. I was on my phone scrolling Instagram trying to occupy my time.

I'm going with Rose to hear about the trail for seven. I didn't want to go at first but Harlem not answering his phone so she called me to go with her . Tom was going to be there also for support also and she wanted him in the room with her.

"You still fucking that how Hazel ?" Durk asked laughing.

"She put the H in Hoe my nigga" Lucas said laughing with him. I suck my teeth before pulling out my gun sitting it on my lap . They spot laughing "shit not so funny now is it? Ahkikiki head ass" I said looking at both of them looking stupid. I felt my phone vibrate seeing rose text me.

Favorite❤️💉: I'm five minutes away