Late night sobs ~ Chapter 1

The bed was a whirlwind of empty and loneliness. My emerald eyes filled with salty tears that would  and my throat filled with muffled sobs. my face engulfed with a pillow. my phone sat on my side table silent with nobody there. the thought of me being laid off for work scared the hell out of me. I don't have a job yet I have a house with two kids to support. I can't let this happen.
I look deep breaths trying to compose myself.
"One.....two..........three." I inhaled a big patch of air. and exhaled it. i closed my eyes wishing for a better life. what did I do to deserve this.
About 10 mins later I gave up on sleep got out of bed. i slung on my robe and walked down the hallway going to check on the girls. I leaned up against my little sisters door and heard crying. I knocked on the door quietly. about 30 seconds later the door opened.
"Yes." she bit her lip trying to hold back the tears.
"Everyone needs someone to cry on and you can cry on me." I said picking her 14 year old body and sitting it on my lap. she side hugged me and buried her face into the crook of my neck. her tears ran down my neck.
"Shhhh shhh." I whispered stroking her hair. i rocked her back and forth in my arms. she sat up and climbing off my lap onto the bed. she sat there trying to catch her breathe.
"Cassie I love you." she said crying into her palms.
"Because you were there for me when mom and dad died you are always there for me. and I know you don't want me to see you like this but your like the mother I never had, and I love living with you and Victoria" she smiled as a tear ran down her cheek.
"Olivia it's my job to keep you safe and love you, and I love you like my daughter." I said hugging her, by this time I was crying too.
"Maybe we should stop crying before we wake up tori." Olivia forced out a silly laugh.
"Okay" I chuckled.
"If you need me I'll be around the house." I say tucking her under her sheets. I kissed her forehead and closed her door slightly. I went down stairs and thought.
These two girls depend on me to make the best decisions.