12

(Her)

I'm on my way out of the pack house after that useless meeting. Always the same questions, it's annoying. Hopefully what I told them will be enough... For a few days at least. Good thing I asked to not have any contact with them, only Alpha Franck should have been speaking with me... The condition of no contact with the Beta Family was well respected too... for 2 days! Gosh, Anna-Lynn normally you are better in negotiating... Suddenly I see someone on the corner of my left side. It's Elena and I think she was waiting for me. Yep, she walks toward me.

"Hello, We're never officially introduced. I am Elena, the Beta female and I was supposed to be your sister in law."

"Hey Elena, nice to officially meet you. Can I help you?"

"I'm just sorry about how your family treated you."

"I don't have to feel sorry. You didn't do anything."

"Still they are my family too. I just didn't imagine they could be like this. My birth pack was more open-minded. We leave with humans and to be mate with one is good. We value the mate before the species. Here they are so conservative. The idea of the pure bloodline was too much for me at the beginning. It's still now but I love Aiden enough to live with that."

That makes my smile. There is nothing more beautiful than the love between two mates.

"Where are you come from?"

" The Ever Green Pack in Washington."

"Alpha Rowan is a great Alpha and very open-minded that's true."

"Do you know him?"

"Yes, he is one of the Alphas who had supported Chris and Darius when they decided to co-lead the Blue Moon pack. A little bit too serious for me though... but nice guy and a fair Alpha."

" I think it's true." She laughs a bit surprised by my comment.

" I have to go but my door is always open to friends. Pass whenever you want."

"We should have been more than just friends but Aiden made that decision for me!" she said looking disappointed.

"Hey, I know Aiden is a loving mate. The kids and you mean the world to him. Don't let a mistake in his past changes that. Yes, he was not the brother he should have been but it doesn't change the fact he is a good mate, a good father, and a good Beta. Don't be to hard with him, as you said this pack is really conservative. He is born thinking not to be a werewolf is a bad thing and he finished with me as his sister. I was a disgrace for everyone not only him and his parents. "

"I was taught to always respect everyone, the strongest one as the weakest one, no matter what you are. Here the children are taught that there are superior and to be proud of this. I don't want that for my kids."

"Then fight it. That needs to change. This pack is maybe the strongest one now but everything is changing and that idea to keep the werewolf species the purest possible will lose them. They are already missing the evolution of the world."

"I know and I will."

"Maybe this pack is not lost after all. I remember finding that Pureblood's speech was so boring when I was young. Maybe it's because I was not a werewolf." we both laugh.

"I need to go but can we meet again? I would like to know you."

"Sure you can come for lunch tomorrow if you are free."

"Thank you! I will!" She says really exciting.

"See you tomorrow then."

"See you tomorrow."

~~~~~~

I just arrived home and I am restless. Something is not right, I can feel it in my bones. The problem is I'm not at home, neither in friendly territory and don't want to give them another reason to be suspicious about me.