8

(Her)

"What's happened?" I ask when I wake up. I'm in my bed, in my room in the Blue Moon pack.

"Hello Darius! I miss you soooo much. Hello Lilly, I know I too awesome to not be miss" Jokes Darius.

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever floats your boat." I answer shaking my hand.

"What do you remember?" He asks more seriously.

The fight... " Leaving the pack with Collin..." The car crash! We were hit on purpose by another car. Collin was driving because I was too upset to drive by myself. The car hit us on his side."How is he? How is Harper?" I start to panic and try to get up.

"Calm down, they're both fine. Collin was in a bad shape but he is all fixed. He is up playing with Duncan while Veronica is practicing with Harper."

"Good, good! How long I was out?"

"Almost 16 hours. It's worst every time. You need more and more time to recover." I can feel his worries even if he tries to hide them.

"I know but I have to save them. Wait wait wait. Did you just say Veronica is practicing with Harper? Does that mean..." I almost jump out of my bed.

"Yeah, slowpoke she needs to learn and pretty fast." He says with one of the biggest smiles I have never see on his face.

"I'm going to be an auntie! Finally!" I hug in my eyes full of happy tears.

The door opens and Chris enters.

"Hey baby girl, don't scare me like that." Says Chris entering the room. I walk toward him to hug him.

"I'm sorry dad. It's my fault. I was not focused and I didn't see we were followed."

"I know. Collin explained everything to us including the fight with the Beta's family."

"I'm just stupid!" I say with a sad smile. "I thought I didn't care anymore... I don't want you to believe that you are not enough because it's not the case. You offered me all I needed and I still need. Goddess, you even give me so much more than that. You are the family I never expected to find and better than the one I was dreaming to have. I don't know how to explain it. I just wanted a nice closure with them. But being with them, I felt like that little girl still waiting for them to show up at the school recital, forgetting they never will come. I just lost it. It's pathetic! I'm pathe-"

"No, you're not." Chris cuts me.

"Really?! I knew they will never accept me but I'm still trying just to break my heart and to lose the time I don't have. I just thought it was my last chance to fix the thing but, but, there is nothing at all therefore there is nothing to fix."

"I don't know how they can be so stupid! How can't they see what is in front of them? You are strong, kind-hearted, smart, beautiful, powerful. Everywhere you went you help people and you make your own opinion and don't judge. You are fair and will fight until your last breathe for what you believe. You not only save lives but you also enlighten them. I'm so lucky to know you, I just wish Moon Goddess will not call you back so soon."

"Thanks. I love you, dad. I wish as well to have more time with you."

"I will give up my life if that means for you to live longer."

"I love you enough for two brothers, sis." Says Darius

"You are the only brother I need. And I have." We do a family hug. 

"I promise if one day they need my help again I will just ignore them." They both laugh at my statement. 

"Of course you will go, because of who you are. Because of your big heart." Says Dad.