You Meet Again/ What Are These Feelings?

Valt:

"...welcome our new student, y/n l/n, to our school. Please treat her with the kindness and respect you treat others with," the teacher declared.

To be honest, I didn't hear most of his speech. I was too busy gawking at my unlucky fortune.

"Hey, y/n!" A certain bluenette called out. "You can come sit here!" Seeing as there was no other empty seat in the room, I reluctantly did as I was told.

"This is Shu! My best friend! I have a feeling you'll get along great!" An albino boy in the other side of my seat turned his head and gave a slight smile at me. He didn't need an introduction, I already knew who he was, and I had the biggest crush on him for FOREVER.

"H-hi," I stuttered, ignoring Valt.

"Hi," he said calmly. He quietly turned his head away and began doing his work, which I was very surprised by.

I didn't want to bother Shu so I turned to Valt instead. "Do you know how to solve this equation?" I asked.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed happily. "We learned it yesterday. I can show you!" He gave me a cheeky smile and scooted closer to my desk. He leaned over me and I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

As he explained the problem, I slowly grew more aware of how close he was to me. I admired his personality and willingness to help someone even if he only met them once. I liked him only when he was talking quietly, I guess.

I glanced over at Shu, who was reading his book in silence. He turned his head to face me, and nodded in Valt's direction. I blushed slightly at the thought of getting a nod from Shu. We all need a nod from Shu.

"Understand now?" Valt's cheery voice finally rang through my ears. I quickly looked back at him only to find that our faces were less than three inches apart.

"Yeah," I smiled. "I get it now."

"Let me stay and watch you do the next problem, just to see if you understand," the bluenette giggled. A light blush crept onto my face, but I didn't notice. For once, I didn't mind being with Valt. Everything was just right.

Shu:

"Another win for the Masked Blader! He is on a massive winning streak!" The announcer declared. Leaving another sorrows opponent on the stage, I left and fled to the staging area where the contestants meet. Luckily, no one was there.

I pulled off my mask and teased my hair out. My h/c locks drifted off towards the floor.

"Funny. Everyone out there is expecting to see a guy win this tournament. I'm glad to know that there was more than one major surprise here."

I turned to face behind me. A certain albino boy smirked back at me. "Who are you?" Shu questioned. "Why do you hide behind that mask?"

I gave a slight smile at his stupidity. "My name is y/n l/n. But that's all you need to know," I whispered. "But if you know what's good for you, you won't tell anyone else."

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me," Shu smiled softly. He stepped closer and examined the cuts on my nose and dents in my hands. I felt a mixture of unease, seeing this guy stare me up and down, but I also felt at peace with him. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to try any kind of foul play.

I felt a major blush creeping onto my face, but I ignored it. "Why are you here?" I asked him.

"It doesn't matter. My match is over," he said. "I'll be going now." With that, he turned his heel and slid out the door.

Why did he feel the need to talk to me? I'm no no one important, not behind this mask. And why him, of all people?

Questions flooded through my mind as I thought about this strange, cute, caring, mystery genius. A smile may have crept onto my face too.