Chapter 16 (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

It was sad, the first time you were able to see your friends in the past few days was short. You don't even know if you'll see them again soon. 

Currently, you were drawing by yourself in a quiet space to calm your nerves. You were just finished drawing the picture of Marco when you felt a presence nearby. 

"Hello Y/n~" 

You looked to see Commander Hange looking at you with a gleeful smile. 

You immediately back away, hoping they don't try to hug you again. 

"Don't worry, don't worry. I'm not going to try to do anything. I'm here to tell you some news that you might like that." they began slightly serious when they said the last part. 

Your eyes widened. 

'Is it about Eren!?' You signed. 

"Yes, it is about Eren."

"So as you know, Eren has been arrested and taken custody by the military police because they believe he's a danger to humanity now."

You nodded. But still couldn't believe it. 

Eren? A danger to humanity?

Sure, there were times where he actually creeped you out, but you never considered him actually dangerous!

"Apparently he could turn into a titan!" 

You nodded again. 

"Tell me something I don't know already."

"I never knew something like that ever existed! Do you know what this means, Y/n!?"

You looked at them with heavy concern for their wellbeing. 

"Don't you get it!? This discovery can change everything about the history behind titans!? This could be of use to my research!"

They were giving off a whole other vibe and you did not like it. 

"Well, enough talk! I'll tell you later! Right now, we need to make our way down to go see Eren!"

Without even thinking, you leaped from where you were sitting and already got a move on. 

"Hey! Wait for me! I want to see him too!" Hange called after you. 

You all arrived in a carriage where a strange tall man was sitting intimidatingly in his seat. You mentally gulped. 

"Come right in dear. You're safe in here!" Hange reassured you as they guided you inside. 

You squeezed right between Hange and the tall male. You looked up towards him, finding him staring off into the distance. 

He noticed you staring and looked down at you, making you quickly turn your head away. 

His presence was intimidating, but you sensed he was a lot less meaner than he looked. 

Out of the corner of your eye, he came closer, and you then heard sniffing. Your eyes widened as you quickly jerked back in fear. Hange laughed. 

"Oh! This is Mike Zachrias.(I spelled his last name wrong lol). He is known for sniffing people a lot."

You slightly raised an eyebrow. 

Guess that's one way to figure out people. 

 Hange proceeded to talk about titans while you silently listened. 

"I'm coming for you Eren."

....

"Wait here." Hange told you as Hange and Mike walked in first. 

You quickly trailed behind them, wanting to see Eren as quickly as possible. 

"Hello there Eren~"

"Huh? Who are you?"

You nearly broke into tears at the sound of his voice. You know it hasn't been long since you left, but after everything's that happened, you're just glad he's okay. 

But of course...you can only fear for what's gonna happen next. 

Eren...turning into a titan. 

....

"...!?" You gasped as you came back to reality. 

You heard a loud noise, which was Hange grasping tightly onto the bars. It was quiet for a moment. 

"No need to worry about me. I'm a good person. I'm Hange Zoe, pleasure to meet you."

"Are you here to escort me?"

"Yep. But before that, there's someone I'm pretty sure you'll love to meet."

You peeked from behind Mike and made eye contact with Eren. His eyes widened. 

"Y/n..." he said in disbelief. 

You stared at him a little more before running to the cell, this made Eren walk quickly towards the cell bars as well. 

"Y/n! You're here! You're actually here!" his hands met mind when you grasped the bars. 

A few tears were running down his face. 

"So much happened and things were crazy over there. The same titan that attacked Wall Maria appeared and breached the walls again, I nearly died trying to save Armin and now I'm being accused of being a monster."

From hearing those words, Eren's been through a lot. You rested your forehead against his, in hopes of calming him down. 

"Shh..." You tried to make a soothing hush sound. 

"I'm just glad I got to see you again!"

'Me too.' You signed. 

Your moment was interrupted by a loud squeal. 

"Awwww! How adorable!"

You pulled away and fixed yourself up. You could only imagine how embarrassed Eren might be too. 

"Although I'll love to watch more. We really should be going. You guys can talk more later."

"Ha, ha. Very funny." You thought.