Five

Apparently, whichever demons had forced Jungkook into the awkward situation he was in didn't even give him even a few hours to try and settle into his new lifestyle. It was bad enough with Jimin and Yoongi acting like his parents.

Now, however, he was facing a dilemma much worse.

It wasn't like Seokjin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Taehyung had just disappeared in this alternate reality was stuck in. Oh no, they were there alright. Jimin had been talking to them on the phone while Jungkook was laid in a portable bassinet for a morning nap. And Jungkook had heard every word.

"Oh, it was terrible, hyung. He woke us both up and wouldn't stop screaming until I gave him a bottle. And then he woke us up not even three hours later again, but there was nothing even wrong with him that time! He's very demanding," Jimin sighed down the phone, peeking from behind his laptop to check if his baby was okay.

Jungkook wasn't kicking and screaming this time. Nope, this time, he was quiet. He needed to listen to what Jimin was saying about him after all.

The person on the other line sounded a lot like Jin, and Jungkook could only cringe thinking about the man laying eyes on him in his babified state. Sure, Jimin was pretty sappy and disgusting when it came to little kids, but Jin was a whole other kettle of fish.

Memories of his eldest hyung being a twenty-year-old while Jungkook was a tiny fifteen-year-old made the maknae shudder. How the man would coo at every single thing Jungkook did, even if he dropped his Tupperware on the floor; how he asked Jungkook every single night if he wanted a bedtime story, and Taehyung and Jimin, the other maknaes, would laugh behind their hands.

The worst was when all the boys had stayed up late last night watching movies and eating snacks and drinking sodas. Jungkook had only been on his third cola when Jin had said, very loudly, "Don't drink too much, Kookie. Wouldn't want you having an accident, now."

It had all been with good intentions, but Jungkook's ears flushed a bright red and he couldn't help but yell at his hyung, telling Jin to shut the hell up. And boy, did Jungkook feel it when Namjoon smacked him one upside the head. His vision had gone blurry for a second as their leader all but yelled at the maknae to apologise.

Namjoon was the one apologising profusely the next day when Jungkook flinched away from him when he went to grab his water bottle. It had only been a small flinch, but everyone had saw it. And so came the sympathy, the petting...

Jungkook didn't want any of it. He was a man. Men didn't show their feelings.

"I mean, I know that he's a baby, and that's what babies do, but surely he must be hurting his throat by screaming so much," Jimin fretted, and if Jungkook could, he would have rolled his eyes. Trust Jimin to worry about the stupidest things. "Hold on one second."

Suddenly, a shadow loomed over Jungkook, and the baby jumped slightly when Jimin's smiling face came into view. The man cooed, whispering a "cheeky little munchkin", before lifting Jungkook out of the bassinet and sitting down on the couch again, Jungkook cradled in his lap.

The phone which Jimin had been speaking to was held in-front of his face, and Jungkook's eyes widened as Jin's face illuminated the screen.

His hyung looked pretty much the same. Blonde, shiny hair; glowy skin, and, for extra effect, a pair of owlish glasses perched on his nose. He was grinning happily, eyes crinkling, and Jungkook gasped because of the familiar face. He felt both relieved and terrified at the same time.

"Hello, Kookie! Hi!" Jin said excitedly, waving his hand for the camera.

Jungkook made a little noise in acknowledgement, and Jin preened. "Oh my gosh, Jimin, he remembers me!" the man squealed, face lit up now.