『 v. | NEW WORLD. 』

╔───── ╝ ☠ ╚─────╗v

╔───── ╝ ☠ ╚─────╗
v. | NEW WORLD.
╚───── ╗ ☠ ╔─────╝

        "HELP HER... "

        That was all Eden could say while she was struggling to get the walker's collapsed body off herself. Still, the only thing that mattered was Clementine's safety. She didn't even know if these people wanted to harm or steal or do worse things to them. She could only hope that was not the case because she knew she was in no state to fight right now.

        Her pleading eyes locked with the man's warm brown ones. For a moment, he seemed conflicted. As if he didn't know what to do, whether he should follow her command — that sounded more like a plead — or help her. But Eden sighed in relief when he turned his head and called out, "Pete, help her up! I'll take the kid!"

        The other man, Pete, didn't reply but when Eden kept struggling to get the walker's corpse off of her with her whole body rebelling against these actions, an older man appeared in her vision, kicking the body off her with his boot before he grabbed her arm and swang it over his shoulders. The hand that wasn't holding his crossbow wrapped itself around her waist in order to keep her steady on her feet.

        "Got her!" The man called out. His voice was deep and raspy, yet the volume caused for Eden's head to hurt even more than it already did. "Let's go!"

        Once they started running, Eden tried her hardest not to put all her weight onto the older man, not wanting to slow him down but she could barely run fast enough to escape the walkers which were too close behind. She was just relieved when she spotted the younger man who saved her run up in front of them with Clementine in his arms. Even with the extra weight of another person he was faster than them.

        Eden could hear Clementine's heavy breathing and winces escaping her lips from time to time because of the rough run and wanted nothing more than to assure her everything was going to be okay but she had to concentrate too much on putting one foot in front of the other until they couldn't hear the hungry groaning of the walkers any longer.

        As they stopped, the older man removed his arm from her waist and instead leaned forward onto his thighs, trying to catch a breath. Eden's head just hang low, her vision blurry when she looked down at the ground. She was struggling to keep her consciousness and not pass out any second. When she felt like she had to throw up, she took her arm off of Pete's shoulders and stumbled over towards a tree, leaning her shoulder against it to steady herself.

        "I think... " The older man coughed, still panting heavily. "I think we're save."

        To check if he was right, Eden lifted her head and looked around, trying to look for any kind of threat but the forest around them seemed walker-free — for now at least.