nineteen.

"Run! He's got a gun!" One of the guests screamed, making everyone splur into madness. Duncan's eyes widened keeping himself infront of Courtney as he rushed her off the stage. She rushed over to where Bridgette was with Izzy and Owen, not noticing Duncan going back into Mal's eyesight. "It's all over for you, pal." He mumbled to himself pointing the gun straight towards Duncan. "Duncan what the hell are you doing?!" She yelled running over to him. "He only wants me. I don't want anyone else getting hurt by him. I can't keep making you guys suffer." He looked at Courtney seriously as Mal laughed loudly. "Say bye-bye Duncan." He yelled just as Duncan pushed Courtney away from him. A shot went off and a bloodcurdling scream was heard throughout the building. Courtney struggled to get up, trying to see who the scream belonged too before what felt like millions of people trampled over her towards the exit. "Who got shot?!" Geoff yelled frantically looking around, just before his eyes found the Asian on the floor holding her side where the blood stained the mint green dress she wore. Alejandro right by her side on the phone with the ambulance, though they had already been called. "Oh fuck, I'm gonna fucking die!" She cried loudly as sirens from the street flooded out the wailing inside the building.

~

"Alejandro! Wake up, you're having a nightmare man..." Geoff trailed off looking sad at the Latino in the chair. He looked at the blonde wide-eyed before quickly sitting up quickly. "Where's Heather?" "She's in surgery, right now." He sighed deeply rubbing his face, as she nodded. "Thanks Geoff." "Don't thank me, Owen was the one who stayed here with you all night." Alejandro furrowed his eyebrows together now noticing Geoff was wearing a different outfit. "Oh, I gotta thank him then." He nodded running his hands through his hair. "Do you know where Heather's parents are?" "Yeah, the doctors said only two people could stay in the waiting room overnight, so they let you and Owen stay." "Owen's really... such a great guy, man. I remember I used to hate him, when I met you guys." He chuckled softly with Geoff as he got up. "Hey, I'll stay here man. You go home and take a shower and get out of that suit." Alejandro gave him a small smile as he made his way out.

~

"Hey.." Duncan looked up at the sound of the familiar voice and nodded towards the goth. "Did they tell you anything yet?" He shrugged as she walked over taking a seat next to him. "They told me that she's pretty messed up. She may need stitches in a lot of places. They have no idea when's she's gonna wake up, they think someone may have kicked her in the head." Gwen sighed slowly placing a hand on his back. "I'm sorry Duncan. Don't lose hope, okay? You lived through a car crash, and the doctors didn't think you would. Courtney and Heather are gonna be okay." Duncan looked at her before nodding slightly. "I hope so." He mumbled loud enough for her to hear. She sighed again before looking up at him again. "Hey, you know something Courtney would always tell me when we were best friends? I used to hate when she would say it, but I actually got a tattoo of it on my wrist." She held her hand up to him, as the both looked down at it a small smile appearing on Gwen's lips as she read it. "Don't lose hope, it may be the only thing that keeps you going." Duncan chuckled softly as he rest her elbows on his knees, leaning over leaning his head on his hands. "That just sounds like something she would say. Maybe I should get that tattooed too."