fourteen.

"Who's Mal?" Courtney asked, confusion written all over face. Geoff's nodded, him, and Bridgette's face matching Courtney's. "We met in juvie, it's a really long story." Geoff looked at his watch before leaning back on the bottom the hospital bed. "I'm off work today." Bridgette pulled the chair closer to the bed sitting down. "So am I." Duncan looked down at Courtney as she smirked. "And, I make my own schedule. Continue please.." he sighed shaking his head. "Fine, it all started when I first got locked up.."

~FLASHBACK~

Duncan walked over to an empty table setting his tray down, and sitting down. He picked at his food with his fork as someone sat across from him. He looked up at the brown skinned boy who's dark hair fell over his left eye. "Hey, you new here?" His voice was really raspy for a teenager, especially one so bony. Duncan nodded as he opened the pudding cup on his plate. "Interesting, names Mal. I'm kind of the top dog around here. what's your name? Oh, and we go by last names in here, but everyone calls me Mal anyways. Cause I want them too." Duncan nodded as he took his spoon out of his mouth. "I'm Nelson." He said quietly as Mal's smirk appeared on his face looking at him from across the table. "Nelson? Nice, listen Nelson. Stick with me, and no one's gonna fuck you with you.. alright?"

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Bridgette looked at him confused from her seat. "I dont see the problem. It seemed like he liked you." "It was only because I was new and alone, they look at you as a weakling if you're alone. Plus, shit didn't stay cheery for long." "Okay keep going then, asshole." Geoff huffed from his seat at the bottom of the bed. "Well, soon enough I found some new friends and didn't need Mal anymore."

~FLASHBACK~

"Hey, Nelson." Mal placed his hand on Duncan's shoulder as Duncan was talking to a group of guys. They all stopped talking as he turned to face Mal. "You don't see me having a conversation here, man?" He glared at the smaller guy as Mal rolled his eyes. "I don't really care, I wanted to show y-" "yeah, and I don't give a fuck what you wanna show me. Now run along, the grown ups are talking squirt." Duncan laughed with the other guys, shoving Mal away from them. The teen growled watching the small group laugh at him. "You'll pay for this Nelson, you will surely play for this."

~EMD OF FLASHBACK~

"Is that why he's so mad? It's so small and petty." "Oh my fucking god, you guys need to let me finish! Courtney stop asking questions, you talk to much." He huffed covering her mouth with his hand. "That's not why. It was never that serious, but he wanted me to know he was not to be fucked with. And, I wanted to show him that I wasn't neither."

~FLASHBACK~

Duncan was leaving the bathroom before two big guys stopped him. He looked at them confused as backed up from the exit, as they came towards him. "Uhh, excuse me. I'm trying to leave now." He began to walk around them before they pushed him back into the wall. He groaned closing his eyes on the impact before opening them back up seeing Mal walk over to him. "You've made a big mistake, Nelson. No one tries to punk me and gets away with it." Duncan rolled his eyes starting to walk away before they pushed him back into the wall harder. "You're not going anywhere. You're my bitch now." Mal let out a low snicker as he pulled out a makeshift shiv from his pocket. As he came near Duncan, two of the men from early busted in getting the other guys. As Duncan went for Mal tackling him.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"And I beat his ass, but he stabbed me. So he got thrown in solitary confinement. And he's hated me ever since." He finished the story looking at them. "Holy shit.." Geoff uttered looking at Duncan. "That is crazy, man. That guy seems dangerous."

"He is. Which is why I'm so glad he's locked up now."