two.

7:30 pm

"Fine! You wanna talk! Let's talk Court! I'll go first, she can stay at a hotel, doesn't she have any friends?! Oh wait, probably not since she screws them over the first chance she gets. Hey, remember when she slept with your fiancé while she was dating me? That was fun, right? Oh no.. you know what was way funner?! When she faked a pregnancy to steal me from you!" Duncan basically lectured the Latina as she sat back on the couch her hands over her face in annoyance. "That was super fun, wasn't it Courtney?" The brunette huffed in response pulling her phone out of her pocket dialing a number. "Who are you calling? You gonna ask someone else if they wanna stay with us?!" Courtney rolls her eyes as the person answered the FaceTime call. "Hello?" "You called Heather?! Why?! All she's gonna do is side with me?!"

Gwen sat in the guest bedroom listening to Duncan yell at Courtney, like a child listening to their parents argue. Eventually her heart beat which was so hard that it sounded like pounding in her ears took over the yelling. The goth's dark eyes focused on her phone that sat on the dresser. What is taking him so long? This waiting is driving me insane! Her thoughts were interrupted as her phone rang. Her heartbeat slowed and quieted down in her ears as the yelling from downstairs filled her ears again. "Hello?" "Meet me at the park by Main Street at 8." "Wait, I-" "don't be late." Before she could speak again the lime went dead and there was silence throughout the house. She slowly got up from her spot on the bed grabbing her phone and a jacket before walking downstairs. Courtney was gone and Duncan sat in the kitchen drinking a beer. She tried her best not to look his way as she made her way to the door but he stopped her when she opened it. "Lock the door behind you, I'm going to bed so don't expect me to let you in." Without looking at him, she nodded locking the door before shutting it and making her way to the park.

~

"Hello Gwendolyn. Now, let me just tell you I am a big fan of your work, I mean faking a pregnancy. That is next level shit. But if you want this to work, you are gonna have to step this up." The pale girl sighed as she looked at him. "So get them fighting more. Maybe so bad Courtney goes to stay with a friend? You and Duncan will have the house to yourselves. Then you make your move, but don't do it too ea-" "um, you are planning really far ahead and I'm not even sure how I'm going to do this.. or if I even want too." A scowl formed on his face looking at the goth. "You said you were sure."

"yeah well now I'm not so sure so.." she trailed off as she started to leave the park, he grabbed her arm roughly pulling her back. "We'll get sure, wouldn't want you getting hurt .. now would we?"

~

Courtney opened the front door as Gwen walked inside giving her a small smile. "Where were you so late?" She blinked looking at her surprised. deny deny deny, you can't tell her you were plotting on her relationship dumbass. "Oh um, Leshawna called me and told me to meet her at the park and we talked for a while. Her and harold are uh.. going through it." The brunette nodded slowly looking down. "Huh, I didn't think she would give that ginger nerd a chance." Gwen laughed with her nodding. "I know right. It's such a weird pairing." The two laughed together before quieting down as tension filled the air. "Well um.. I'm gonna head to bed." "Y-yeah, me too. I have work in the morning." Courtney nodded at her locking the door, as they both headed upstairs. "Night Gwen." She gave a small smile and wave as she headed down the hall to her and Duncan's room. "Yeah .. night."