Chapter 59 <Esmeralda>

Magnus didn't like what I said at all. But he still complied. He led me all the way to Adams dungeon. We walks past cells that you couldn't even look into. At least not without opening the slot. Which was locked. Never the less I followed close behind Magnus who was being led by six. I was kind of surprised he was allowed down here. Adam seemed so protective over him. Then again he took him along to save me so I'm sure Six was just well trusted. When we stopped at the door my body slowly brought itself closer to Magnus's. And then I wasn't sure if I wanted this anymore.

"This is where Carlos is. We can skip him if you'd like." Six stared at me with a weird intensity. "We really can skip him, Esmeralda." I felt my lungs drop to the pit of my stomach and I stayed quiet. Magnus stares down at me with just as much concern as Six. I then sighed out after holding a tense breath for so long.

"I can do it. I can see him..." I whispered before slowly looking at Magnus. "You can do whatever you want to him, just make sure it really hurts...." I said softly. Six seemed to hesitate to unlock the door. When he did, it was really dim in the room once it was slowly opened up for us. Magnus took the lead inside and there seemed to be sensors that lit the room up, noticing our bodies. Carlos looked like shit. He was gagged. Both eyes were almost swollen shut, skin was broken with blood freshly leaking from the cuts.

I liked seeing him like this. It might've been wrong, but I liked seeing him suffer. Because he hurt me way worse than this. And I hoped to find my mother and father in this state as well. Sort of. "Harley got him good." Six said with a slight smugness to his tone. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Harley did this to him?" I asked with shock.

"Yup. Harley's work." I blinked and slowly looked back at Carlos. He seemed to finally notice me. He stayed still but I could tell he wanted to move. But he was in too much pain to. I felt little pity, but it was there. It was pity that I knew was only there because of how stupid he was. Delusional. I slowly walked over to him, letting go of Magnus's hand. I crouch to stare up at him. So he wouldn't have to make much effort and hurt himself.

"All those years..." I whispered. "And you never noticed how much I hated your teddy bears, Carlos." His teeth gritted weakly and he spoke muffled words.

"Brat..." that's all I could make out. "Bratty...bitchy....slut..." I stood up and but my lip.

"You're going to be stuck here forever." I quickly walked out of the room. The air was so thick that it felt as thought I was walking against a powerful current. Magnus stayed inside and six stepped out, closing the door behind him. It was my masters turn to have a talk with him. I already took my revenge.

"I want to see Claire and Alec." I spoke finally after a while. I couldn't hear what was going on in that cell. I didn't really want to. And I figured they were somehow sound proof. So once Six nodded, I didn't look back at the cell door. We went to the room across from Carlos and he opened it. Again, the lights lit up the room. My father sat there. He wasn't as badly beaten up as Carlos but he was the last to be taken in. Harley was probably taking a break too.

"Esmeralda." The gag was hanging loosely around his neck. Six let out an irritated sigh and try to move past me to fix it. I stopped him.

"Hey dad." I muttered. I gripped the edge of Six's shirt. I was silent for a while, staring my father dead on into his cold eyes. "You're going to have to stay here for a really long time, you know that. You know why?" I felt like I was speaking to a troubled child. My father simply scoffed and smirked.

"Because you didn't listen. This would've never happened if you had just listened—"

"This would've never happened if you hadn't taken me with that day." I but back a smirk as my fathers smirk easily fell from his face. He looked pissed that I was actually putting the blame on him. I walked over to him, slipping the gag over his mouth. Then I tightened it extra tight. "This would've never happened if you treated me right. Dad."

When I saw my mother strapped to a bed, laying there limply, I almost leaped with joy. But the sudden nausea hit me and I ran out of the room to puke chunks onto the hallway floor. Six followed me out, holding my hair away from my face. When I was done, six held me to his chest and shushed me gently. I wondered if this was how my mother was supposed to treat me. But then I disposed of that thought and instead thought about how Six was a better surrogate mother or just a really good friend. And I thought about how well I was going to treat my baby inside me.

"You better now?" Six asked gently. "We don't have to go in. I've made that very clear, Esme..."

"No...I can do it. It's just...she of all people. I don't know what it is...but she disturbs me the most." Six was silent for a moment. Then he sighed.

"You can do it. I know you can." I stood tall again and nodded in agreement. We both walked in. For a while my mother didn't speak. She wasn't gagged which made me wonder if she was still out. Then her head turned and our eyes met. She glared hard at me. She tried to reached out to grab me but I was too far and her hands were encased with a dark metal. Her claws couldn't shoot out at me and claw out my eyes like she's attempted to do many times.

"You..." She seethed lowly, the depth of her voice quaked with anger. "I give life to you. I raise you!" She shrieked, body lurching beneath her restraints. "You repay me like this! By running off with some man and spitting out your ass to him?! You were mine. Mine!" Her eyes were wide and crazed. Defensively, my hands moved to myself stomach. I felt like I needed to protect it. And her gaze turned from hateful to knowing rather quickly. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" She laughed hysterically.

I shook my head. "No—"

"The cycle will continue, Esmeralda! It will continue. If we ever get out here—if I ever get out of here. I will hunt that little thing inside of you and kill it! And you'll belong to me again."

Kill it?

"No!" I shrieked, taking an angry step towards her helpless body. "You won't touch them. In fact, I'll make sure you stay in here for the rest of your life. If you ever, ever touch anyone I care about ever, you'll regret it. You'll regret being born Claire. I make sure you suffer longer than anyone in the place and you'll beg for mercy. And I won't give it to you no matter how hard you beg!" Six grabbed my eyes and I watched with satisfaction as Claire's eyes widened with fear and hidden anger. And I smiled at her. Six closed and locked the door before examining me as a couple of tears left me.

"It's alright. It's over." Six hushed me and we hugged each other. "We'll be just fine."