Chapter 40 <Esmeralda>

My body was on fire. My pelvis had this constant need to back itself against Magnus' stomach. He didn't seem to mind, though. He seemed more concerned than annoyed or lustful. I appreciated that he didn't just decide to fuck me the minute I lurched myself onto him. Instead, he saw I hated this, he saw I was suffering.

Magnus would never take advantage of me and I finally had come to terms with that. So there I was, crying an ugly cry and clawing at his shirt as he laid me against a bed. I think we were in a hospital but I was too hysterical to even focus on that.

"D-Don't, no leave!" I sobbed, holding onto him desperately. Magnus shushed me softly.

"I've got you, I won't leave. I won't leave, not ever," He said, his eyes swirling with emotion. He was angry and concerned, his hands shook as they pinned me down. I only whined and turned my face from him, making eye contact with Adam who was talking with someone. I had no idea what they were gonna do to me. But I just hoped it wouldn't hurt.

I don't want to be in pain anymore.

"What's happening?" I jerked my head back to Magnus as, who I presume, a doctor stood by him. I tensed and rugged at Magnus' shirt, whimpering.

"Uh...Uh, He was, He just," I had never heard Magnus stutter. "He was drugged, I don't exactly know what is in his system, but he was drugged. Some kind of sexual drug that makes him..." He trailed off. The doctor hummed softly and he gave him a gentle smile.

"I see. Don't worry, there have been cases like his before. I know exactly what'll work," He said. "But I need you to keep him calm, do anything that you know could possibly coax him some what into a calm state. Calm enough so he doesn't freak out when I touch his arm."

Magnus nodded immediately, going to action. He raked his fingers through my sweat drenched curls, humming softly in my ear. I physically leaned into his touch, my lips burning to touch his as he came face to face with me. "Enough if that," Magnus tutted softly, kissing my forehead. "You know, when we get back, we're going to have some cinnamon rolls together. That sounds good, right?" He almost cooed.

I blinked rapidly and panted our gently, "Y-Yeah." He smiled at my response. "I want cinnam rolls..." I slurred, "they're good."

Magnus nodded and continued to talk to me, I didn't even notice the IV being set up beside me while another nurse cleaned my inner arm. All I could see was Magnus. And his lips moved so that meant I listened. I loved listening to his voice. "We could watch a couple of movie together, I'll show you some ones you've never seen before." He added softly. My lips pulled upward into a small smile, panting heavily.

"Mm...Magnus?" I whispered breathlessly, groaning softly as a wave of pain flowed through my body and restricted dick. Magnus shushed me.

"Yes, my love?"

"M...Mm...Marry—" I whimpered heavily as my arm felt a pinch. I looked over and winced.

"Don't like it. I don' like it!" My mouth pulled into a tight frown, unintentionally digging my fingernails into his skin.

"I know, it's okay, I know," He tried, "Esmeralda, Esme...Tell me," Magnus whispered. "Tell me what else you want when we get home?"

I arched my back slightly and my stomach felt like it was twisting all together. "M...Magnus....I wanna marry you," I finally whimpered, tears streaming down my face. He stared down at me, shocked. Shocked I had actually went out of my way to spew those words. "I wanna get married to you."

Magnus gave me a soft smiled and held my face. I was starting to feel really woozy as the drugs seemed to kick in. "Please...Please," I begged softly. He never answered, just kissed my forehead over and over. My eyes closed slowly and I felt like the fire had been put out in my body. I was calm, sedated. And I fell asleep.

"He's been asleep for almost an hour, that isn't bad, right?"

"No, it's normally to sleep for a while after this. After all, the drug he consumed is very exhausting," The doctors voice answered. He wasn't wrong. That drug really made it hard for me to even open my eyes. But I forced them to slowly open, frowning gently as my eyes scanned the dim room.

"Oh, he's up," The doctor said softly, his foot steps nearing the bed. "Magnus, please help me, I need you to sit him up carefully." He instructed, the bed slowly elevating. Magnus came into my view and hummed, holding my waist, propping my back up with a pillow. I groaned softly, resting my head against his shoulder.

"How are you feeling?" My neck craned to look over at the doctor who I finally got a good look at. He was shorter than Magnus, maybe even an inch shorter than me but who knows. His brown hair was done up neatly and his blue eyes were very gentle. He looked young. I've never seen a young doctor before. I sort of became jealous that he and Magnus were probably talking alone while I was out. My hand, the one with out an IV in it, held Magnus' hand tightly.

"I'm...I feel better," I admitted and Magnus for some reason chuckled in my ear, kissing it and holding me more firmly.

"That's good, I'm doctor Cason. This IV is basically done so I'm going to have the nurse come in and remove it. I think you're system has completely been flushed out so you should be good to go home. However I think it's important to inform you what you consumed—"

"I already know what it was," I cut him off, staring down at my lap. "I've had it before, I've had it plenty of times." It was silent. Then the doctor sighed quietly.

"Would you at least like to know what it's called," He said gently. I bit my lip and looked up. My grip then loosened around Magnus's hand.

"Yes please..." I whispered.

"It's called LO69," He said. "From what I understand, it lasts up to 2 days." Cason pause flipping through a couple of papers in his clipboard. "It's a new drug, strong enough to effect your kind and humans alone. We actually tested a couple of blood samples from yourself to make sure we were giving you the right antidote before going ahead and doing so. We could automatically tell it had been in your system before this." Cason shook his head. "It's nothing to worry about though, the remaining in your body where off over time and don't effect you in any negative way. Now, if you were a human, that would be a different story. It'd be harder for your body to fight it off. Anyways, I think that's all you need to know."

"Thank you," I said quickly, before he could even say goodbye. Cason smiled softly and nodded.

"No need to thank me, have a nice day, the both of you." And he left.

"Esme," Magnus whispered to me. I slowly turned to him and shrunk back. He looked pained. "We need to talk about that when we eat home, okay?"

I frowned and slowly nodded. "Can...Can we talk about it in the next session with Adam? I want you to be with me anyways," I whispered. He began to smile warmly and pulled me into a careful kiss.

"Of course," He whispered gently. My hand reached up to play with his hair and I gave him a bright smile. Letting him know I was okay as I pecked his cheek. Then I remembered something I told him just before falling asleep.

I really did want to marry him.