5

Did I go to school the next day? Yes. Yes, I did. Why? To show I was stronger than this. The rumors broke us up now everyone was happy. Right?

As soon as I got to school I felt three pairs of arms around me. "We know what happened." Sage says "We're really sorry about everything." Ranger says I break away from them "Thanks, guys." I say walking towards the school they quickly catch up with me. "I wouldn't go in there if I were you." Sage says I shake my head "At this point, nothing can hurt me."

I was wrong. Like really really wrong.

I walk into the school then stop dead in my tracks. Ethan had his arms around some girl. I turn to Sage "Who is that?" I choke out "The new girl Molly Baker." I blink then continue to walk with my head held high. As soon as Ethan sees me he lets go of her then rush up to me. "I'm sorry." He says nervously pushing his hair out of his face. "For what?" I ask looking around as if I didn't know. He sighs "I was just.." I cut him off "What you do." I take a dramatic pause "Isn't my problem any more Ethan. You can date whom you want." I say then continue to walk my friends walk by my side.

Ethan runs to catch up "Lexi I just.." I cut him off again "Ethan I honestly don't care go be with her." I continue to walk as he tries to stop me but Ranger pushes him away from me.

After that, I didn't see Ethan until lunch.

He pulls me aside. "I don't like her." He says I nod my head "Okay and?" I ask he blinks in confusion "Ethan I told you it doesn't matter." I clear up with him "But it does." I look him dead in the eye "does it?" He thinks for a minute but before we can speak I say "no it doesn't you're single. We're done." I try to walk away but he gets in my way. "You broke up with me Ethan," I say slipping past him into the cafe.

When school was finally over I found him making out with Molly outside the school. I walk to my car when I get there Ethan quickly runs up to my car. "I'm really sorry." I hold up my hand for him to stop talking. "If you had any chance of winning me back you just blew it."

I drive myself home then walk into my room and sob until my eyes run out of tears.