Chapter 22 :- (Knight in the Shining Armor)

In Unova:-

"The Club Pokemon battle between Trip from Nuvema Town and Adam from Accumula Town is about to begin. Trainers, please release your Pokemon, " yelled Don George as both the trainers prepared their respective pokeballs.

Gary and Paul were on their way to Accumula Town on the advice of Professor Juniper where Trip was last sighted. When they got there and we're about to enquire about Trip, they heard about the Battle Club and checked there. Sure enough, Trip is in the Battle Club as always.

"Hey Paul, Trip is right here. Let's see his battling skills and then we can introduce ourselves, " said Gary as he dragged Paul towards the battle arena.

"Sounds like a plan. I hope he can be of a good challenge to me unlike a certain numb skull here, " said Paul as he jerked his hands off Gary.

"Hah, you have never seen me battle. I can easily beat Ashy-boy on any day, " scoffed back Gary.

"Yeah, in your dreams, ".

The arguing duo was silenced by a voice calling his Pokemon out.

Trip took out a pokeball from his pocket and threw it in the air.

" Serperior, Come on out, "

Out came a primarily pale green, serpentine pokemon. Its face and throat were white it's back is far green. It had curved yellow markings around it's middle and several palmate leaves on its tail.

"Charizard, On to the battle, " yelled the opponent named Adam as threw his pokeball.

Out came an orange draconic pokemon with demonic endeavor. It's very appearance generally intimidates a foe and possess a pair of large wings capable of flying at high speed and a flame on the tip of its tail burning brightly.

"Let the match begin, " yelled Don George again.

The first attack came from the trainer named Adam.

"The one who initiates is the one who wins the match. Charizard, use Flamethrower, "

Charizard roared loudly and opened his mouth as a gush of scorching hot flames shot out from his mouth and sped quickly towards the serpentine pokemon.

"The flamethrower really packs a punch. If Serperior doesn't make out on time, the match is as good as over, " commented Gary while Paul watched the expression on the face of Trip.

Trip's face showed no sign of nervousness and was very calm.

"Serperior, dodge it please, " said Trip in a very low voice almost audible to anyone but himself.

Serperior silently nodded and within the blink of an eye, disappeared from the original view and appeared on the far end of the battlefield. The flamethrower missed its intended target.

"Yeah. I guessed it right. This guy is no ordinary trainer. The communication and the level of trust between him and his pokemon is admirable not to mention its speed. It may be trivial that grass types are weak against fire types but I see no problem in Trip winning this match, " said Paul silently while Gary just gazed at him.

"You can't escape from me that quickly. Charizard, use Seismic Toss, " yelled Adam.

Charizard spun 180° degrees in mid-air avoiding collision with the wall in front of it and once sped quickly towards Serperior while Trip remained silent without giving a command.

"Hey, What is he thinking?" yelled Gary while Paul looked at him in amusement.

"Don't embarrass me you moron. Just watch, " yelled Paul to which Gary just remained silent.