Chapter 7

"Aidan we need to get her out of here, I smell wolves approaching. It seems like there are quite a few of them," Ethan said as he sniffed the air.

"Ashley we need you to try get up or shift back," Aidan said to the wolf who only stared at him afraid and tried to crawl away, still wary and cautious of the boy she wasn't aeare was her mate and her brother.

"She's still a bit spooked from the shift, we'll have to carry her back. If they catch up with us then take her back and get help, I'll hold them off or try reason with them. You're her mate after all, even if I'm her brother she will instinctually need you for comfort the most and feel safest if you are safe with her," Ethan said.

Aidan nodded and lifted his mate up in his arms and she struggled to get free.

"Stop struggling Ash. We're not going to hurt you. We're like you, understand? We only want to help you, I know you're confused but I promise everything will be cleared up when we get back home," Aidan promised her which somehow made her feel calmer.

Suddenly without warning a grey wolf slammed into Aidan, knocking him down and sending Ashley to the ground.

She stumbled to her paws and tried to get back to Aidan and Ethan as she definitely trusted them more than strangers who appeared dangerous seeing as they were wolves.

Her path was cut off by a wolf and soon enough she was encircled by wolves nipping at her hind legs.

She glanced at Aidan and Ethan only to see them replaced by wolves as the rest of the wolves that were not circling her, circled them, keeping them away from her.

She tried to shout for them but her voice was not her vocie, instead it was a bark.

She was pounced on and pinned to the ground by one of the wolves and she cried out in pain and transformed into her human form.

She cried and struggled in protest as she was held down and a light blue collar was put around her neck with a chain attached to it.

"Let me go! Let me go!" She screamed desperate not to be taken captive especially in such a degrading and dehumanizing way, although being captive was something she did not want regardless if course.

She struggled, the collar pressing into her skin as she pulled and tugged.

She regretted not having cooperated with her brother sooner. She internally knew he would never cause her harm.

"E-Ethan!" She screamed crying.

"No! Ashley!" He shouted shifting and trying to run to her to get her free.

"Come we've got the girl let's get out of here. We don't need to keep the Alpha waiting for his special little present."

Ashley was yanked up to her feet and she watched horrified as her brother and his best friend were left behind, fighting off masses of wolves and just barely managing to hold their ground.

She wanted to run but whenever she tried she would only be pulled by the 'leash' that was rather painful when pulled.

Her hands pulled at the collar which, unfortunately for her, happened to have a sort of lock on it to prevent her fiddling with the collar to try escape.

"Let me go! This is kidnapping which is very much illegal! When the police department finds out I'm missing you'll be sorry!" She shouted pulling.

"Shut up mutt!"

"A-aren't you a mutt as well?" She asked confused, knowing a mutt was a dog.

The man pulling her growled and slapped her through the face which made her whine in quite a lot of pain.

Was calling them mutts an insult? She knew it sounded a little insulting- he had insulted her and then got angry and slapped her when she returned the favour and she was not even trying to insult him. She was only asking a question.

She was led through the forest for what must have been hours, very long and tiring hours for the girl, with them pulling her along and she was in considerable pain and did not like being on a leash.

She saw a cave come into view and she planted her feet on the ground. She was not going into a cave with her kidnappers. It was like getting in a car with stranger. You do not do it and she knew not to go into the suspicious cave.

She did the first thing that came yo her mind and screamed. If fiction had taught her anything it was werewolves had incredibly good hearing.

They held their ears dropping her leash and she took off running away as fast as she could.

She somehow ended up at Aidan's house and burst through the door and fell on the ground, her legs exhausted from running.

Her body was covered in so many scrapes, cuts and bruises that even with her new special healing it would take a while to heal.

"Ash!" Aidan shouted running to her side.

"Y-you're okay? She asked weak.

"We were so worried. How did you get away? Did they hurt you? What's that thing on your neck!?"

She could do nothing but cry as her arms clutched onto him, snuggling into his warmth and he sighed happily at the contact with his mate.

"I-I'm scared," she whispered.

"It's okay. Mom, dad and Ethan are all worried about you," he said picking her up in his arms and he carried her to the dining room where everyone sat with maps spread over the table.

"Ashley!" Ethan exclaimed falling off his chair in surprise.

He got up and ran to his sister, hugging her and Aidan as well since he was carrying her.

"Ow," she whined as he pressed on an injury.