Chapter 3

Ashley awoke to find herself chained to the floor of a metal cage which appeared to be silver.

"Evening pup," a man said walking to the cage.

She tried to open her mouth to speak except it was shut with black tape.

"Humans are so weak and easy to apprehend," he laughed at her situation finding the girl lying with her wrists chained behind her back to be humorous.

She tried to protest, pulling at her chains furiously, believing she could get free.

"Don't worry princess, at midnight those chains will burn like anything so you might as well just save your strength."

She glared at him in anger as she stopped her struggling and he smirked and ripped off her tape and she screamed.

"If you think that hurts then tonight might as well kill you," he laughed.

Aidan shot up in his bed as he suddenly felt something strange inside of him, his instincts were suddenly becoming alert and he felt a strange need to find something, to possess something. It was as if he was missing something, as if he was incomplete.

It suddenly clicked in his mind, he was feeling his mate. The mate he had been longing for for his entire life.

He suddenly screamed loudly in pain and fell to his knees clutching at his wrists.

Marks were showing on his wrists, they were burning and felt like they were on fire.

"Aidan?!" Ethan screamed running out of the bathroom, with toothpaste smudged on his cheek.

"It hurts so bad!" He moaned clutching himself.

"Those are silver burns! I don't see any silver!" Ethan exclaimed as he dragged his friend into the bathroom.

He filled a basin with water and stuck his hands in it before running and getting ice which he added in the water.

"What happened?" Ethan asked.

"I don't know. I felt her. I felt my mate, it was the best feeling ever and then suddenly everything was in pain. My wrists had silver marks and they burn so bad. They are hurting her I know it and it somehow got transferred through out bond," Aidan said.

"How is that possible you said you felt her being of age yet you didn't feel a wolf meaning she is dead. Spells don't exist and if they did they likely wouldn't be able to bring her back from the dead," Aidan's father suddenly said walking in.

Suddenly a pack member ran in the room with an envelope with blood on it.

Aidan could smell his mate on it and ripped it away. He could tell the blood was hers and he ripped open the envelope with his wet hands and he emptied it and photos fell out.

The photos were all of a girl.

They started out innocent, they were pictures of the back of a girl who was drawing. A girl drawing his wolf.

Then they went to the same girl running along the side walk with a school bag.

Then it was her eating out at different places and it all seemed to be very stalkerish and it was only from the back.

The photos then were zoomed in but were still in detail. There was a photo of an icy blue eye and another of her freckled cheeks and then one of her soft pale pink lips.

Ethan suddenly grabbed the photos and flipped back to the one of her left eye.

"No," he gasped staring at the small barely noticeable scar by her eyebrow.

Aidan picked up the rest of the photos to find each of them containing the same girl only she was chained upn

She had soft brown hair and pale pink lips and was locked in a cage with bruises all over her body.

She had silver chains wrapped around her pale skin and was lying weak and unconscious on the ground.

"Hope you enjoy these pretty pictures of your mate," a letter read.

Paper clipped to the back of the short letter was pictures. Pictures of Aidan and a girl.

A girl staring at him as he shoved her aside before she walked off.

A girl who glanced at him and Ethan from a window.

A girl who was shown as a child chasing him and Ethan.

Ethan's own sister was his mate. She had been so close to him all along yet he hadn't bothered to notice it after he believed his mate to be dead.

She had been right in front of him.

She had drawn his wolf without even seeing him. The photos fell from his hands and he screamed as silver marks burned his neck and he grabbed ice and held it to his skin.