Chapter 5

Ashley awoke to find herself in an unfamiliar room that seemed a little too boyish to be hers.

Her eyes moved around perplexed and curious as she tried to figure out where she was and what had happened to get her there whilst running over her terrifying and strange dream.

She got to her feet and found herself in a boy's shirt that was definitely too big for her and looked like a t-shirt dress on her. She knew she couldn't have dressed herself which only made her feel slightly nervous and more confused.

She looked over herself and couldn't see the injuries that she was sure she had sustained which made her sigh in relief, realising it was all just a dream.

She opened the bedroom door to find a passage that seemed familiar and she walked to the stairs and down them to find her brother and the Knight family sitting at the dinning room table eating.

Aidan looked up hearing footsteps and he hid a smile as he saw a girl with beautiful dark brown shoulder length hair and icy blue eyes walking down the stairs.

He watched as she ran down as soon as she spotted her brother and wrapped her arms around him excitedly.

He felt slightly hurt that his future Beta was her first choice to hug instead of him but at the same time he understood that he pushed her aside when he thought his mate was dead and treated her like a jerk.

"Morning sweetheart. I hope you found the room to be nice, Aidan cleaned it for once to make it look decent for you," Mrs Knight said.

"Thank you, it was very nice and morning Mrs Knight," Ashley said politely noticing it was only Aidan and his mother, with Mr Knight having already left for work.

"Call me Janet. Now come sit and have some pancakes."

Ashley slipped into a seat between her brother and Janet and was handed some pancakes on a plate by her brother, who in turn got a small glare from Aidan who wanted to be the one to serve Ashley.

"Jam?" Janet asked.

"No, thank you," Ashley said softly.

"So do you have a boyfriend?" Janet asked, drawing Aidan's attention immediately.

"W-well um no," Ashley replied softly.

"That's good, honestly girls get into relationships too fast these days with the wrong guys because they barely know them at all," she said making Ethan and Aidan feel attacked since Aidan wanted Ashley immediately in a relationship and Ethan knew he wouldn't wait when he saw his mate.

Ashley suddenly felt something weird inside of her. It was an urge she could not ignore. She wanted to run into the forest.

She didn't understand why it suddenly came up without reason but it was dragging her as if it was a magnetic pull. She wanted to go to the forest more than anything at that moment.

She tried to supress the strange urge as she finished her first pancake but she couldn't and she got up.

"I-I'm going to go run. I'll be at home if you need me!" She said getting up and running out of the house, closing the front door behind her.

She ran faster than ever, unable to stop, headed straight for the forest running inside it barefooted in the her brother's best friend's t-shirt.

Eventually she slammed into a tree and fell down, hard, scraping herself. She watched horrified as it suddenly began to heal, leaving only a bit of blood on her skin.

She stared down at her arm where the vanished wound was in shock. She was human, she was sure of it. She wondered if her dream had really been a dream at all.

She had ran faster than ever. She had wanted the forest. She had practically been told she was a werewolf by her kidnappers. She had healed in seconds.

She came to the conclusion that she likely was a werewolf and she knew that night was the full moon.

Fiction painted the full moon as important for werewolves but she wasn't entirely sure but wouldn't risk going back and finding out, if she could even find her way back.

She was afraid. She remembered being kidnapped, she couldn't go back, would possibly put people in danger. It could put her in danger if her suspicions were valid.

Im fear she continued to run deeper into the forest, wanting to runaway from all she knew so she could be safe. She had heard the stories of what people had done to those suspected as werewolves centuries before. She wasn't sure whether or not those people were really werewolves but even if it was the 21st century people could still kill her for what she possibly was. She could have gotten locked up in a lab to be experimented on.
She didn't want to be a lab rat or end up dead.