Chapter Thirteen

My dress was very different to what I usually wear. It was kind of like a lace jumpsuit underneath, and then a black see through skirt on top. All of my hair has been pushed over to one side.

My eye make-up is getting done as the other stylists put in my earrings, and make me try on many different heels. My eye shadow is black, and has a little flicker at the end of my eye. I eventually end up wearing shiny black heels.

"Now this is what I call someone with fashion!" Flavius claps like an excited girl.

"Well this is what I call someone with a great stylist!" I laugh at him "But there's still one problem" I sigh, and point to my revealing collarbone, with my eagle tattoo on full show.

"There's no problem! Cinna gave me very specific instructions to make sure it was on show" He explains, helping his assistants pack away.

"Wait-"

"Luce hurry up!" I hear Haymitch growl through the door. I let out a sigh, and thank Flavius for a final time, as he hands me my signature necklace.

"I don't think you need to wear this tonight when you've got it permanently on your body"

I smile at him, and fiddle with it, I feel a little weird holding it now, knowing that my Guard installed a warning thing into it. I feel like he's just taken away the only thing I own that the Capitol doesn't.

"Lucinda Colden I swear-"

"Hold your horses I'm here!" I shout at Haymitch, and pull the curtain back behind me. "What the hell do you want with my life, jeez"

"I just want you to hurry the hell up" He looks me up and down, and smiles "My little Luce is all grown up!" He rubs the top of my head

"Get your hands off her head right now!" Flavius flicks his hand away, and fixes the little bit that was out of place.

"Shut up" I mumble, as we're both literally shoved through the hallways, and taken down to behind the stage with some of the other Victors who are ready early.

"I'm gonna see Katniss, will you be alright here?"

I look at him "I'm a big girl, I'm sure I'll be fine" He mumbles something I can't make out as he walks away. There aren't that many Victors ready, well, none that I talk to a lot anyway. I take a seat alone, and fiddle with my eagle as a distraction.

"Nice tattoo" Blight comes and takes a seat next to me "Are you sure you want that on show?"

"Who cares, he can't do anything now anyway" I look back down at my necklace in my hands, sigh, and hold it tightly.

"What the hell are you wearing?" The man next to me frowns. I look at Blight, who's staring astonishingly at Finnick "You look like a pirate"

It was true, he had a lose blouse that revealed his chest, a large buckled belt and loose green pants with black boots.

"But I am amazingly attractive aren't I?" He looks at me

I roll my eyes "Just like always" and stand beside him

"And I thought showing my chest was bad, Luce you do realize we can see you're tattoo?" Finnick frowns at my collar bone.

"I tell you what, that award for stating the obvious has your name written all over it this year"

"Well what can I say? I'm a man of many talents"

Yeah, you can say that again.

*