Chapter Twelve

We're sat in silence waiting for our names to be called. It's our private session. I hope the others are doing something... rebellious.

I gaze over at Finnick, who, I assume, is trying to communicate with Mags somehow. I love that woman, she's too fragile to be in the Games at her age.

"District 3. Beetee Latier. Report for individual assessment" He stands up, and walks to the small guarded gateway.

"Peeta how are we gonna kill these people?" Katniss whispers, and looks at him, and then at me. I know she finds this hard, and she knows I do too, but there's nothing we can do now.

When Katniss, Peeta and I are the only ones left, I feel as though they're purposefully making us wait. Maybe they are, they're own small torture device.

"District 12. Lucinda Colden. Report for individual assessment" I take a breath as my name is called. I pull my hand away from Peeta's,which I'd been holding for comfort, and stand up.

"Good luck" Katniss says when I'm close to the gate. I stop, and turn and smile at her, remembering our conversation this exact time last year.

"Make sure they remember you" I smile, and then flicker my gaze between them both "Make sure they remember all of them" They know exactly what I mean, everyone from last years Games, the kids who never deserved to die.

I walk away from them, and slowly into the training center. Some things have been moved out of the way, so the Game makers can have a proper look at what we can do. Too bad they won't get that from me any more.

I look around at a few things on the table, knives, ropes, paints, but I only need a few things, a bow, one arrow, a coil of wire, and water.

"Miss Colden" I look up slowly, twirling the whip between my fingers "You have ten minutes to present your chosen skill" Plutarch informs me. I look at everyone up there. The usual faces, with the exception of Soldier Alexander, who, to no surprise is only here because of me. I smirk at them all, and get to work.

I pull out the sharpest, and longest sword I have available, and head over to a few of the electrical lights that are hanging loosely on the walls. The Peacekeepers can't stop me.They have no right, it's my chance to show them what I can do, if they can't handle it that that's they're own problem.

I pull a total of seven of the very large electrical lights. The faces of the Game makers is priceless, they haven't got a clue. I pile them up one after the other, and then ask the Gamers for a drink of water. They give it to me no problem. The hand waits for me to give them the glass back, I give them a horrible stare, turn away from them, and walk back to my masterpiece. I leave the glass on the counter, I won't need that just yet.

I pull out an arrow from the quiver, and then grab the coil of wire. Some of the Game makers and Peacekeepers straighten up, as though realization has just hit them. I wrap the coil of wire around the arrow, turn, and connect the coil of wire with one of the electrical ones. I spill my glass of water all over the table, turn back to face the men, and aim the arrow. The water slowly makes it's way though it's obstacles, until it reaches the edge of the table.

All I need to do is wait for the drip.

When the water eventually drips from the table and onto the electrical wire, I hear a spark. But I keep my aim locked, this won't work until I have bigger spark. Once, twice, three times, and on the fourth time, the whole table of water seems to spill itself all over the electricity. That's more than enough. When I release the arrow, everything just seems to happen at once.

The wire connected to the arrow and the spark shoots past me, heading right for the Game Makers. They all jump up, and take cover, before the force field sounds like it's smashing into pieces. I jump to the side, out of the way of the fire I've created, and cough from breathing in the smoke.