Chapter One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sequel to Forever in the Games

I do not own any of the characters, locations, script or dialogue from the Hunger Games Catching Fire film, it all belongs to Lionsgate and Suzanne Collins

The only characters I own are Lucinda Colden and Soldier Alexander along with any other characters I create along the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had always thought that love was never an option for me, that everyone would hate me forever.

That the nightmares would continue to take me back to the arena every night with the faces of those I killed.

That I would be forced to hide my fear behind a false mask of happiness.

Until I met Katniss and Peeta. If I hadn't met those two, my life would have continued the way it was.

Without Katniss and Peeta, District Twelve would still be living in hunger and poverty.

But without the three of us, everybody would be safe.

_*_*_*_*_*_

"Really? I mean, are you serious?" I stare at Effie, who now thinks she can get me to wear the new fashion that some new fashion designer created. HA!

"You could at least show some support" She sighs, and puts a green dress back on the rail.

"Hey, if you're that desperate, why don't you go ask Katniss?" I throw a grape in my mouth.

It's been a few months since the Games. Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch are in Victors Village, and I'm here, in the Capitol apartment, for six months, and then go to victors village. It's usually the other way around, but President Snow wanted to switch it. I don't know how the others are coping with their nightmares, I just hope they're having the same difficulty as me.

"Katniss already has a fashion designer! You, however, do not."

"What's wrong with what I normally wear?!" Effie looks me up and down. I'm wearing blue tracksuit bottoms and a brown top. I wrap my arms around myself.

"Hey, It's what I sleep in okay?" It's not really. This is what I wear whenever I have a nightmare, it cools me down. I slide my fingers through my hair, and pull my fringe back. I'm trying to grow it out.

There's a knock on the door. And a peacekeeper walks in, holding an envelope and a white box.

"This is from the president." He hands the envelope to Effie, and turns to me "And he requests me to give you this" I just stare back at the man. A white rose is Snow's symbol. Just like the eagle is mine and the Mockingjay is Katniss's. As much as I already hate the fact I'm going to need to touch it, I take it anyway,

"Is that all?" I ask, fiddling with the rose.

"Not quite, the president would like to see you in his garden at 4 o'clock this afternoon ma'am."

"Fine" I watch him walk away, until me and Effie are alone again. I slump on the couch, and throw the rose on the table. I watch, as Effie reads through the note with a frown, and then puts it down.