jaemin ; imagine

requested by @alolanvulpix90
1098 words
———————————————————

"bye jaemin, we'll see you soon" Chenle, a member from his own group nct dream says.

"bye chenle" Jaemin muttered. with that, the door shut. Jaemin shuddered as he looked around his dorm. his band mates were off to practice while Jaemin was stuck in their dorm watching whatever.

the reason why was because he has a back injury that needed to heal for a long time. Jaemin being incredibly impatient, gets up and grabs his jacket to head outside. the cold air hit against his body making him shiver. he wandered around the city and admired everything that he's seen before. as his eyes wander around, a dog suddenly starts jumping on him.

"woah woah woah!" Jaemin carefully tried not to fall as the dog continued to jump on him.

"hey cutie" Jaemin chuckled as he patted the dog that finally calmed down. Jaemin looked around the white samoyed's neck to see if there was a collar.

"are you a stray?" Jaemin pursed his lips as he wasn't able to find a collar.

"are you a boy?" Jaemin questioned, he continued to pet the white fluffy dog.

"a girl?" Jaemin questioned again, this time the dog barked.

"you're a girl!" Jaemin shrieked happily.

"come on, let's go see if there's anyone looking for you" Jaemin stood up, the dog quickly followed him down the road.

one hour, two hours, and then three hours has passed by. Jaemin asked a bunch of people if they owned the white samoyed or if they know who owns her. Jaemin sighed as the laid back on the park bench. the white dog sat right next to him with a happy smile.

"you know you kind of remind me of my old best friends dog" Jaemin mumbled, he caresses the dog as the dog moved her position.

"her name was ruby, she's amazing. and her owner? well she was gorgeous, talented and many more words." he cracked a small smile.

"her name was y/n. I made the biggest mistake ever. and that was leaving her all alone to face the real world. when I told her that I was a trainee, she cheered me on. she congratulated me. she supported me like any other friend. but even though she did all those, you could see the sadness in her eyes. I didn't know that this affected her so much. I only thought about myself" Jaemin sighed deeply as he stared at the scenery in front of him.

"what's even worse is that I never got to tell her my real feelings"

"that was my biggest regret" he muttered.

a few minutes past. everything was quiet. it was getting dark outside and it was only him and the dog sitting at the park. Jaemin looked at the sleeping samoyed next to him.

"I don't wanna leave you here" Jaemin says. suddenly an idea popped into his head. why not take the dog to the dorm? the boy's shouldn't mind right? it's not like the dog's gonna attack them...right?

"are you hungry?" Jaemin pokes her snout.

"come on let's go!" Jaemin sprung to his feet. the dog jumped off the bench and started to chase around Jaemin.

————————

"you've brought a dog here?" Renjun looked at the white samoyed who was eating off a plate.

"it's so cute" Chenle cooed.

"you know the staff members-"

"I know jeno but I wasn't gonna leave a dog out in the streets" Jaemin says as he crosses his arms.

"she's so fluffy!" Jisung hugged her tightly as she continued to eat.

"so is she a stray?" Donghyuck asked, Jaemin shrugged.

"I don't think so, she's very clean so someone must have lost her" he said staring at the two boys who's voice squeaked everytime they talked to the dog.

"let's just let her stay here for a couple of days" Jaemin says, Renjun shook his head.

"that's a big risk we're taking" Renjun mumbled.

"it wouldn't hurt to have a little teddy bear running around" Jeno chuckled and nudged Renjun.

"fine fine, but if we get caught-"

"I'll take full responsibility!" Jaemin muttered.

———————

for the past three days, the boys loved belle. they all decided on calling her belle because Chenle thought it was very disrespectful to call the dog "dog". Jaemin absolutely adored belle. he took her on walks, he fed her, he even bought her toys and her own little bed. Jaemin was currently taking belle on a walk when he suddenly stops by a grocery store.

a piece of paper that was stuck onto the glass window stuck out to him. 'missing dog! a white female samoyed. name is ruby. if you see this dog, please contact the number below or visit the address' Jaemin sourly looked down at the white samoyed.

"is your name is ruby?" Jaemin bend down and asked. the dog barked.

"could you perhaps be..." Jaemin stared into her dark puppy eyes. a big smile crept on his face.

"you are...! ruby! why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Jaemin shrieked, he clings onto her and hugged her tightly.

"lets go find your owner" Jaemin smiles and rushes off.

———————

"come on y/n it's okay we'll find her soon" your brother Jinyoung held you tightly.

"it's been three days! no one has seen her" you cried, Jinyoung sighed and continued to comfort you.

the doorbell suddenly rang. you wiped your tears and walked to the door. without looking at who it was, you opened it.

"j-jaemin?" your eyes were wide open. you couldn't believe it. it was your old best friend that you haven't seen for almost two years now.

"I missed you" Jaemin smiled.

"and I found ruby" he handed you the pink leash where ruby was attached to.

"how did you-"

"she randomly jumped me as I was walking the streets" Jaemin chuckled as he reached down to pet ruby.

"maybe it's fate" Jaemin muttered as he smiled at ruby.

"maybe ruby was suppose to get lost, maybe she was suppose to attack me. so I could reunite with you" he stood up and faced you.

"im sorry that I left you all alone. I didn't know that it hurt you that much. I could see it in your eyes but I didn't care at that time. but I care now. you might not want to see me anymore after this and such but I just wanted to tell you that I love you. more than just a best friend"

"jaemin..." he quickly grabbed a hold of you.

"I missed you so much" jaemin whispers.

this was so bad im so sorry. it's really boring! I also didn't get to re-read it since im doing homework right now. I really hope this weekend I will be able to make new fresh stories and such for you guys! the next post will probably just be a little get to know me? but if you don't want that just tell me lol or I'll make the 'get to know me' and then post a reaction or something. I don't know man.

ps, im really stressed out