renjun ; imagine

2596 words

—————————————————————

"ahh y/n! you have mail in your mailbox" an sm staff says.

"thank you hyerin! I'll check it out" you smile at her as you walk past her desk.

you head your way to the room where they kept idols mail. each idol had their own little mailbox where they were able to get personal mail, such as bills. as you enter, you see Red Velvet's Seulgi and Shinee's Taemin. you quickly bowed down since it is a polite way to do so.

"y/n didn't we tell you that you don't need to bow down to us?" Taemin chuckled making you get flustered.

"s-sorry!" you stuttered, Seulgi and Taemin let out a laugh.

"don't apologize y/n" Seulgi smiled, you nodded.

"I have to go, I'll see you both soon!" Taemin rushed out of the room.

"when is your comeback coming out?" Seulgi asked as I unlocked my mailbox.

"next week!" you cheekily smiled at her.

"I can't wait, your teaser photos already look good" Seulgi giggled.

"thank you" you giggled as well.

"I have to go, I'll see you at lunch?" she raised a brow, you nodded.

as she left the room, you looked through your mail. it was just the usual, the bills, the schedules and everything else that's boring. you then noticed a light blue envelope that was buried into your mail. you pulled it out to reveal a sticker that's slapped right on the envelope.

"from your fan, DR" you mumble from under your breath.

you don't usually open fan mail but you obviously wanted to know how this fan managed to get his or hers mail inside SM and into your mailbox. your tear the envelope slowly making sure not to ruin it as much. inside there was a piece of paper with writing.

hi y/n! im one of your biggest fans. you probably won't read this but you magically do, I just wanted to let you know that your one of my favorite people in the world. I know that we don't talk but I just thought I would let you know! also I can't wait for your comeback, i already pre-ordered your album. as im writing this, im thinking that im being an absolute creep. anyways sorry for bugging you, I know you're extremely busy! your schedule must be hectic. thank you again for teaching me how to have confidence in myself, thank you for also teaching me how i'm not alone even if im having hard times. I hope you have a wonderful day, stay kind! -DR

despite that it was weird how a fan managed to get his or her fan mail into your mailbox, you really enjoyed reading it. you really never knew how much your music impacted others, such as your fans. you debuted only a year ago and you've came out with two albums so far. your next comeback will have an album as well. your songs haven't been able to get you a win yet since you are still a rookie. although you really couldn't care less about the wins, you wanted to make others happy by making yourself sing which made you happy.

your phone suddenly buzzed, you look at the text from your manager. you sighed as you read 'head to the studio' you placed the fan mail neatly back into the envelope and placed it in your bag. you rushed up to the studio.

—————————————

you head inside the SM building to do work again. you were about to walk past Hyerin until she calls out your name.

"y/n! you have mail again" she told you, you had gotten slightly confused.

you never usually get mail everyday, mail only came every other day. instead of asking Hyerin why there was mail for you, you shrugged it off and walked inside one of the dance practice rooms. you tossed your backpack onto the ground and pulled out your phone.