'It won't take much longer before I'll be in an arranged marriage, according to my father I'm the proper age to marry now. If we ever get out of here that is' Kate once again smiled weakly lifting her shoulders sarcastically, after that her eyes traveled back to her lap where they showed concern.

'Is that what you desire?' Cutler didn't estimate her to be the kind of woman to marry for wealth and status.

'Of course, it isn't. At least I've never met a woman who'd be happy to be in a loveless marriage. But I guess it's my duty' Kate tried to sound genuine but failed. It was silent for a moment, Cutler's thoughts were pushed back on earth as he realized that he'd never be good enough for her, according to her father.

'I wish I could help you with that' Cutler didn't know what to say to ease her burden. He could tell her to follow her heart but he understood that would ruin her. Marrying a man of no status or good income was the end for a lady like her.

'Well, we could run away once this is all over' Kate started chuckling when she noticed Cutler's face turning slightly red.

Cutler lowered his face to hide it while the corners of his mouth almost touched his ears. It was a grin he couldn't remove from his face for a couple of minutes. But soon they got distracted by George tripping and landing on the ground with a loud bang. Just before they could ask if he was alright George raised his hand.

'I'm alright. I guess these cells weren't built for escaping from the top either' he was moaning and made his back crack once he lifted himself from the ground.

'I am sorry to interrupt, go on, don't mind me' George still waving hopped to the back of the cell and moved down in one of the corners.

'As I said, it's my duty' after a short silence Kate raised her sight back on Cutler. There was a long pause. Cutler didn't know why but Kate's sarcastic smile as she had shrugged her shoulders, acting as if it did nothing to her, changed to a sad one like she was reading Cutler's thoughts as he felt like she could tell him. Kate's expression turned into a long glance as he watched her.

'I wish it were different' Cutler spoke in a soft voice, careful with his words. He felt like he could hear the blood run through his veins back to his heart that was quickening its rhythm. He couldn't tell if her eyes were teary because of the touchy subject or cause of the dry air. It made the emerald green of her eyes look like the waves of the ocean with the candlelight reflecting inside. Before he knew it their faces were only inches apart. As she still stared his way her eyes suddenly moved to his lips where his lower lip was slightly placed between his teeth, something he always did when nervous or intrigued. Quickly returning his lower lip back in place Cutler froze and wasn't sure what to do, but Kate kept on moving closer which gave him permission to do so either. Then the door slammed open with a loud bang and they both straightened their backs quickly.

'Food!' one of the pirates, now down the small stairs to below, made his way through the corridor and stuffed plates of half-rotten food underneath the cell door.

'Bon appétit!' the pirate yelled and smiled with his rotten teeth while he seemed satisfied with the way he had ruined the leftovers of his own meal even more with the way it landed in George's hands who had moved to the door quickly. The pirate seemed amused watching George taking the plates of half-rotten food. The pirate left while laughing hysterically.

'It's not edible, again.' George sighed and his shoulders lowered in disappointment. The only food they had in the last days was some hardtack, the only thing brought to them that wasn't covered in molt and seemed safe to eat.

'Anyone?' he held the plate up high and looked at Cutler and Kate. They both shook their heads from side to side. George quickly returned the plate underneath the cell door.