Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

Zayn was all set up in the guest room and at the moment him and Harry were in the living room chatting. I was on my room playing PSP trying to act as if I wasn’t hearing them, but the walls in this house are as thin as a stick. I could hear every word they were saying.

They were talking about girls, new girls, pretty girls, girls with nice bums and stuff guys like... I remembered that Zayn will never like me, which kind of made my hopes crash, but then again; they were already crushed since I was thirteen…

I always knew there was no chance for us, sure I hoped a miracle will happen, but it’ll never happen. There’s always a small voice in my head telling me ‘One day Liam… one day Zayn and you will happen… One day, you’ll be holding his hand just like those other girls he dates every week… You’ll be kissing him and staying up all night with him counting the stars.’ But, the logical side of my head told me that was me making all that stuff up…

Then, a sentence snapped me out of my thoughts, “Hey, we should have a bonfire… just like old times…”

Zayn hesitates and then I hear him say, “Sure, why not?”

I walk down the stairs pretending to go to the kitchen and Harry stops midsentence.

“So what should we do for the bonf-,” Harry spots me and gets quiet.

“Bonfire?” I stop in my tracks and look back at both boys.

Zayn’s eyes find mine and he manages to make my knees shake slightly, his golden orbs just do something to me… They’re so magical.

“Nop-,” Zayn interrupts Harry and says, “Yup, you wanna come?”

Harry gives him a death glare, but when Zayn looks at him he smiles and then smiles at me as well, “Do you?”

Zayn gives me this beautiful smile that just makes me melt… Stop Jesus you’re going to kill me, I tell myself, “Um…um… yeah sure…”

Harry sighs, and looks at Zayn, “Okay, then, I’ll text everyone so we could do it tonight,”

Zayn nods and does the same, “I’ve still got a couple of people’s numbers so I can help,”

I was about to say I could text some people as well, but then I realized I’ve only got Harry’s friends’ numbers on my phone and Anne’s numbers… It sounds sad, but to be honest, I only use my phone to play Tetris and some other games.

****

Harry, Zayn, Niall, Louis, and I pulled up to the beach thirty minutes early to help set up the bonfire. It was eleven at night so it was perfect time to have a bonfire. Everyone was wearing their swimming trunks and either a tank top or a shirt.

Zayn was wearing a shirt, which is kind of disappointing, because I wanted to see him wearing a tank top… because I mean who wouldn’t want to see his nice muscles? But then again, his arm muscles were perfectly wrapped around his shirt and they popped out and bulged and looked very sexy…

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Louis who was telling me to help out and organize. I didn’t have a choice, but to help. I wanted to stay with all of Harry’s friends they were the popular crowd at school and I still, as the pathetic boy I am, wanted to fit in. Ever since I was 13 I’ve been dying to fit in with his little crowd. Even being his step brother didn’t give me a free pass to be part of his group. I still pushed myself in their circle and tried hard, but nothing helped… Maybe tonight I can show Harry’s group what I’ve got and maybe I could catch Zayn’s eye and make him notice me and feel the same spark I feel when I look at him.

****

It was almost twelve in the morning and the party was wild; I wasn’t tired one bit. The bonfire was shining brightly like a diamond in the darkness. The feeling in the air was ecstatic. The ocean crashing against the soft sand made a calming sound that made the loud music sound even better… It was just one of those parties that made the hairs in your arms stick up and made you feel happy…

The air stung of alcohol, but to be honest I didn’t really mind. I finally felt like I was part of something even though no one probably knew I was there. The people were dancing with big smiles in their faces, and the fire from the bonfire made everyone’s faces shine… specially Zayn’s.

I would try as discreetly as possible to look at his face. My eyes would randomly snap to his angel-crafted face multiple times every minute. His face contrasted with the moonlight and the fire beautifully. He looked so gorgeous, his eyes shone brighter than the bonfire and every time his lips parted to show that gorgeous smile of his it made butterflies rise and do backflips even if the smile wasn’t meant for me… Zayn just gave me all these feelings I never get from anyone.

It sounds pathetic saying that I’ve got a crush on Zayn, my step brother’s best friend… Meaning that he will never think of me as anything, but Harry’s step brother… It breaks my heart every time to think that, but I can’t help it… I mean, Zayn’s just got too-beautiful of a face to not fall for…

****

The night carried on and the party kept going… Everyone was having a blast. People were dancing others went in the ocean and other people were seated next to the fire trying to get cozy. Some were with their friends drinking a beer and others were cuddled up with their lovers.

I was seated in the back of the light house watching everyone party, talk and have a fun time… I took a sip of my beer and looked around. Once again my eyes snapped to Zayn as I saw him chat up to a… well… a very appealing girl… I sighed heavily and hunched in the piece of wood I was sitting on. I saw Zayn take the girls hand and he whispered something in her ear. The girl blushed and it made envy erupt through me. I clenched my jaw as I saw the girl pull Zayn by the hem of his shirt. Zayn watched the girl intently, his eyes looked into hers and it made my fists ball up. I couldn’t believe myself. I was literally going to explode from the amount of jealousy that was pouring through my veins.

It was obviously going to happen anyway, I knew it myself all too well. My nose flared as Zayn and the girl shared an hour long kiss; not literally of course, but in my eyes it felt like it. My eyes felt like they were on fire. I clenched my jaw once again and closed my eyes trying to calm myself…

I gripped the glass bottle of alcohol and chugged the beer until the last drop, then I grabbed another and another. Piles of bottles formed beside me. The alcohol burned as it was going down my throat. It was a satisfying kind of burn though, the kind that makes you feel better. The kind of pain that tells you that you’re still human and not some numb psycho. Even though I felt like a numb psycho as I watched Zayn kiss that girl… But, then again I always felt like an envious psycho when Zayn is with a girl…

- - - - - - -

A/N: Yay! Chapter Two is here :) I hope you liked it. So, it's barely been 4 days since Zayn's come and already there's some drama ooooh it's going to be a long summer for Liam :o Hahah :) Thanks for reading, commenting, voting and/or fanning. ♥ Love you guys! :) If you have some constructive critism or just want to see anything in this story comment and I'll try to fit it in somewhere in the story. :) Sorry for the late update! I'll try to update as frequently as school and life allows me too. ♥ Adios babes. :) [[PS. Yes, Harry is (((slightly))) rude in this story, but that is just his role in the book I'm sorry for all the Harry lovers out there :(]]