Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Zayn’s POV

I woke up; stretching in my mattress so my feet touched the edge of the bed and my hands touched the headboard. I remembered about yesterday and my little chats with Niall and Liam’s sad glances. It’s always hurt me to see Liam sad; I guess it’s a reflex because ever since he was younger I always tried to be really protective of him. Not because I always felt a tiny spark when I wrapped my arms protectively around him, but because his puppy eyes filling up with sadness made my heart clench in hurt.

I had talked to Niall about my life yesterday. Things have changed since I came back. Things are most definitely differently and I can’t really vent out to Harry because our friendship is just… different than with Niall. Niall and I we’re more like brothers, Harry and I we’re just friends. Niall and I talked about many things and one thing led to another and basically it all ended with me telling him I was gay and I was secretly dating Liam. He took it… well I suppose except for the fact that his face widened in fear for me because of the things Harry was capable of doing to me, but otherwise he had no other option but to approve. The last thing he said was he warned me to be careful.

I sat up and placed my feet on the cold, wood floor. The floor creaked as my weight was placed down upon it and many joints cracked from the lack of standing up whilst I was sleeping. I stretched out yet again and headed over to the room where my favorite boy sleeps in.

I opened the door quietly to not wake him up, but once I peeked in I saw that the bed was perfectly made. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, if it was too early for me it was most definitely too early for him. I walked into the room to see if he might be lying on the floor doing something, but his beautiful brown eyes were nowhere to be found in the room. I didn’t panic, he would probably be in the living room or in the kitchen, but I was wrong.

My baby wasn’t in the cabin. He was nowhere to be found. My heart starting to knock into my ribs repeatedly causing it echo and make my hands shake in panic. I clenched my jaw as I put on a jacket to protect myself from the cold, morning summer air. I slipped on some shoes and put on some shorts whilst slamming the door shut behind me.

I looked around desperately, where was he? Why wasn’t he in the cabin? I knew it was a bad idea to come here! Why didn’t I accompany him every night and have him sleep in my arms? Why did I let him out of my sight! I should’ve never hung out with Niall he’s probably devastated! The thoughts swirled around my head making me to become a little dizzy, too much was going on in my mind. I ran to the lake where I thought I would find him, but he wasn’t there. He was nowhere to be found.

I walked down the uneasy wooden bridge, got in my car and started the engine. The car roared to life and I quickly backed it up and turned it to go. I was so scared, this is my entire fault. If it wasn’t for me Liam would still be safe and at home, he was probably freezing his ass of. I slowed down as I saw to figures walking down the road, one had broad shoulders and was very tan, the other was slender, but still had some prominent muscles. The one with the broad shoulders had his arm tightly wrapped around the slender one tightly and protectively, he was looking at him  smiling and lovingly. I squinted my eyes to look at the back of the slender figure better. It looked like Liam’s wavy hair. I slowed down while I passed them, when I passed them I glanced at the two blokes. It most definitely was Liam….with another man. My foot slammed on the break out of surprise. What the fuck was he doing with another person? Did he really leave me for someone else? What the fuck is this bullshit? I gripped the steering wheel feeling blessed that they didn’t notice the way the sound the wheels made with friction of the road. My knuckles turned white, but I didn’t mind I was too pissed off. I swiftly parked the car in the nearest parking space and slammed the door shut.